AS application question-employment history

Latest bid adds 145 CAs (35 on the Airbus!) and 87 FOs. Equates to 232 newhires. Bid effective for February so lots of hiring and newhire classes.

The bid effective October reduced 30 Airbus CAs. Now for Feb they are adding 35. Not sure how or why that works. But it is what it is.

First time in a long time it is a pure vacancy bid (no reductions), and this is the biggest bid I’ve ever seen at VX/AS. Hopefully Delta plus or Lamda doesn’t screw things up!

Latest bid adds 145 CAs (35 on the Airbus!) and 87 FOs. Equates to 232 newhires. Bid effective for February so lots of hiring and newhire classes.

The bid effective October reduced 30 Airbus CAs. Now for Feb they are adding 35. Not sure how or why that works. But it is what it is.

First time in a long time it is a pure vacancy bid (no reductions), and this is the biggest bid I’ve ever seen at VX/AS. Hopefully Delta plus or Lamda doesn’t screw things up!

I put in for SFO bus driver captain and 73 captain at SEA

Doubt I’ll get either but I heard rumors this one will go jr on the bus so might as well try…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt I’ll get either but I heard rumors this one will go jr on the bus so might as well try…

I can easily see Bus CA go way junior. I can't imagine too many (if any) displaced Bus guys that are on Boeing try to bid back to the Airbus. And anyone getting Bus CA now must know they'll be displaced to Boeing in 12-18 months anyway. For that reason, I can see it go junior.

What year were you hired?

Last edited:
I can easily see Bus CA go way junior. I can't imagine too many (if any) displaced Bus guys that are on Boeing try to bid back to the Airbus. And anyone getting Bus CA now must know they'll be displaced to Boeing in 12-18 months anyway. For that reason, I can see it go junior.

What year were you hired?

If you're willing to commute to SFO Bus CA, why not also bid LA Bus? Many more openings.

My guess is plug CA will be Airbus LAX, 2016 hire. Maybe even 2017.

Chief pilot call made them sound very desperate, only 1500 applications the last time around, no idea how many were actually qualified. They’re even doing chief pilot meet n greets via zoom now!

So if you know someone on the inside and can’t get a call from UA/DL/AA/JB/WN/NK/etc, hit em up. It may just be all that’s needed to get an interview.

A friend got an interview and lives in FL (fyi this is not a commuter friendly airline). So I’m assuming living in the PNW isn’t a prerequisite anymore.

Chief pilot call made them sound very desperate, only 1500 applications the last time around, no idea how many were actually qualified. They’re even doing chief pilot meet n greets via zoom now!

So if you know someone on the inside and can’t get a call from UA/DL/AA/JB/WN/NK/etc, hit em up. It may just be all that’s needed to get an interview.

A friend got an interview and lives in FL (fyi this is not a commuter friendly airline). So I’m assuming living in the PNW isn’t a prerequisite anymore.

I don’t think it has been for a long time.

Pretty brutal lines for commuters as a whole.

As predicted, most junior CA went junior. SFO 320 CA hired 02/2017.

The 232 newhire positions:

320 LAX = 45
320 SFO = 49
73G ANC = 9
73G LAX = 36
73G SEA = 93

Last edited:

I have a friend who is easily qualified with multiple internal recommendations, chief pilot meet n greet, lives in the pnw, etc. and it’s crickets for him. Just a single example but seems odd if they are acting desperate.

Back