AS application question-employment history

I have a friend who is easily qualified with multiple internal recommendations, chief pilot meet n greet, lives in the pnw, etc. and it’s crickets for him. Just a single example but seems odd if they are acting desperate.

Maybe they’re banking on the local kids re-applying and staying the course? Seems risky if they’re actually hurting for candidates.

I’ve heard even the union on attrition, retaining, and hiring argument since the days of the arbitration of this contract (post merger JCBA). Bottom line is it has never materialized and nothing to suggest it will anytime soon. This place has no problem getting applications. 1,500 is still a huge amount for what they need, and the application window is open again. They say they want to hire 500 from now until year end 2022 but everyone here seems to think it will be half that amount. You really think this place will struggle to hire 250 pilots? No. It will be fine. No shortage of pilots who want to work at AS.

I’ve heard even the union on attrition, retaining, and hiring argument since the days of the arbitration of this contract (post merger JCBA). Bottom line is it has never materialized and nothing to suggest it will anytime soon. This place has no problem getting applications. 1,500 is still a huge amount for what they need, and the application window is open again. They say they want to hire 500 from now until year end 2022 but everyone here seems to think it will be half that amount. You really think this place will struggle to hire 250 pilots? No. It will be fine. No shortage of pilots who want to work at AS.

100% in agreement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend who is easily qualified with multiple internal recommendations, chief pilot meet n greet, lives in the pnw, etc. and it’s crickets for him. Just a single example but seems odd if they are acting desperate.
Maybe have them try a meet n greet with a friend in another base? Have had two friends do them In LAX and SFO and the chiefs there kicked their apps up the ladder

Back