AS application question-employment history

Then why aren’t they traveling. And is it mongering if people are still dying from this pandemic? It’s not over yet just because you wish it so

Partially because of strict quarantine procedures or outright banning of US travelers. Hawaii flights increased for a reason this month. They did away with the draconian rules and now accept some negative test ~3 days before (I think).

Partially because they fear the metal tube and think there is no social distancing on a plane, therefore they’ll get Covid.

At this point, it is mongering. The media now is almost all about “cases” going up. They’ve Ba need down in the deaths part.

The virus won’t end after inauguration but the fear mongering the media has done will definitely be toned down once Biden is president.

Back in May or June I used the University of WA data on social distancing to basically interpolate that we'd see one million travelers per day in October. That was effectively correct. Even though the bottom dropped out pretty quickly once we did hit that milestone.

What I am seeing on the predictive website from UW is downright scary now for passenger numbers. Roughly 200K passengers per day or less in February of 2021.

TSA numbers are trending from barely recovering to bad. Election is undecided and there is a whole lot that can go wrong with that. Things could get really, really bad for passenger airlines next year. Like gone for good bad for at least a few of the players.
You are a roller coaster of emotions. It's going to be okay. Take a deep breath man.

IHME has been awful for forecasting death numbers. Hopefully their pax numbers are as inaccurate.
All of their projections have been wrong. It essentially says we are going back into a bigger lockdown than in March. I'll believe it when I see it. Most of the doomsday projections were far off and every surge of cases are revived again. Trying to predict weeks or months out of this virus is impossible.

All of their projections have been wrong. It essentially says we are going back into a bigger lockdown than in March. I'll believe it when I see it. Most of the doomsday projections were far off and every surge of cases are revived again. Trying to predict weeks or months out of this virus is impossible.
Yeah, I love all the fear mongering from the right. “Biden is going to mandate a 4-6 week lockdown.” Really? He doesn’t take office until Jan 20. We’ll have a vaccine by then.

Yeah, I love all the fear mongering from the right. “Biden is going to mandate a 4-6 week lockdown.” Really? He doesn’t take office until Jan 20. We’ll have a vaccine by then.
My personal opinion is the media and public will give Biden much more of a chance, and now that the election is off stimulus looks a lot more encouraging anyways. It's still a long road ahead but I'm still staying encouraged. A lot of doomer projections have been vastly wrong. If we want to keep making them, that's fine. This is an airline thread after all, so I don't expect anything less than doom and negativity to the day a major airline hires 1 pilot. Just the way it is. And my 2020 has been a lot more positive and healthy by staying off this site.

You are a roller coaster of emotions. It's going to be okay. Take a deep breath man.

We will only know it’s ok when it’s ok. Right now it’s not ok. The passenger numbers are still trending down from 40%

I don’t see how this is sustainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will only know it’s ok when it’s ok. Right now it’s not ok. The passenger numbers are still trending down from 40%

I don’t see how this is sustainable.

It was literally the same weeks ago fluctuating from 6 to 900k on any given day. And who cares about comparisons to 2019 and who cares about pax numbers being sustainable in this current climate of the virus? It's obviously bad. If you're still monitoring the daily pax levels like it's March and April like this, I think you need to step away from that website. It's only going to turn you insane and right into depression.

Obviously nothing today is sustainable. And what's going on today isn't sustainable for the human species either. What's going on today isn't our new outlook on life forever.

It was literally the same weeks ago fluctuating from 6 to 900k on any given day. And who cares about comparisons to 2019 and who cares about pax numbers being sustainable in this current climate of the virus? It's obviously bad. If you're still monitoring the daily pax levels like it's March and April like this, I think you need to step away from that website. It's only going to turn you insane and right into depression.

I’ll be just fine. Factually Air Group can’t keep losing 400 million dollars + per quarter. It’s not sustainable. Those are just facts

Nothing today is currently sustainable. That's like saying the sky is blue.

It seems like you just want to dominate the conversation. That’s totally cool. As long as you understand when you say the sky is blue equates to the industry isn’t sustainable, this means things will not be OK.

It seems like you just want to dominate the conversation. That’s totally cool. As long as you understand when you say the sky is blue equates to the industry isn’t sustainable, this means things will not be OK.

Imagine taking my post and saying this with it. I'm saying no sh*t sherlock what's going on now isn't sustainable.. That's for literally everything going on right now. Your choice to mass panic, run around with your hair on fire is your choice. You just happen to make that public here for months. Like I said, take a deep breath. Take your bike out, drink a beer and relax for a second.

Imagine taking my post and saying this with it. I'm saying no sh*t sherlock what's going on now isn't sustainable.. That's for literally everything going on right now. Your choice to mass panic, run around with your hair on fire is your choice. You just happen to make that public here for months. Like I said, take a deep breath. Take your bike out, drink a beer and relax for a second.

That’s what I am doing. I’ve also developed a plan for a long stint of unemployment because no, it’s not going to be fine.

The weirdest part about this is that you seem to get continually more upset. While I am calmly stating facts. The worst has not yet come for our industry.

That’s what I am doing. I’ve also developed a plan for a long stint of unemployment because no, it’s not going to be fine.

The weirdest part about this is that you seem to get continually more upset. While I am calmly stating facts. The worst has not yet come for our industry.

Is your projection furlough date , projection of 2021 pax levels and projection of economic lockdowns facts? I came in here to say relax and you refuted me with negative posts, like I'm insulting you I'm not on board?

I'm not mad at all, I've always been here to help bring your spirits up actually. I think you have cautiously posted so many massively negative and depressing posts for the last 8 months you don't even realize. But hey if doomsday screaming is what helps manage your stress by all means.

Maybe the let's grab a beer thing was a bad idea. If you need help with employment, I'm working at Amazon and it's not a bad job. I'll help you any way I can, way better pay than unemployment and I still get my airline check no problems.

Back