Apparently I have an anger issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP - relax bro. Don't "Zsa Zsa Gabor" this early in your career.

How can anyone ask for a shrink to ask me questions after a 2 minuet conversation. I did get a bit angry, but just 2 nights before that I was forced to shut down the left engine and land. Seems like I can handle stress pretty well. I have decided to take legal action. I don't think you grasp how rude this guy was. He was trying to get me angry the whole time I was in there. I have apologized over and over to him for getting angry, but when you are down to your last 100 dollars, no food in the house, gf is being screwed over on unemployment, you just moved to a new city and into a new house, going through a divorce and custody battle...life is a bit stressful for me right now. The fact is the original AME could tell I was stressed, asked why and I told him, then he tried everything in his power to push me over the edge. The only place I'm not stressed out is in the air. As most guys know it is a stress relief to fly.

I know you didn't ask for m advice, but it's the internet so it's built right in, but:

1. An attorney is going to cost you far, far much more than the medical ever did.
2. Chalk it up at a bad experience and move on. This ain't the first, as a professional pilot, it will not be the last.
3. Compartmentalize.

Are you really sorry for what you did? Or are you apologizing to get the medical?

I wouldn't take it to court. It shows that you're not sorry and can't accept the consequences of your behavior. You screwed up. And now you'll be run through the FAA wringer. It sucks, but the easiest way through is the path of least resistance. Don't let this little mistake ruin your career.

I'm apologizing because I honest to god mean it. I blew up. It was my mistake. But deferring me was just bs

Dont yell at people if you dont want them to take action against you. You were an ass to a guy who decides if you are physically and mentally fit for flight. A deferral isn't a denial, but it's him saying "dude might have an issue, someone else should take a look". I dont think what he did was out of line at all...

Dont yell at people if you dont want them to take action against you. You were an ass to a guy who decides if you are physically and mentally fit for flight. A deferral isn't a denial, but it's him saying "dude might have an issue, someone else should take a look". I dont think what he did was out of line at all...

Gotta agree with this completely. Logic dictates that THIS would be the one moment in time that any person, with any issue would repress whatever feeling they had and smile and be pleasant while saying whatever had to be said to get the piece of paper your license and paycheck depends upon. I know this. Everyone on this thread knows this. Most important, the AME knows this. The fact that you DIDN'T do this...well, that kind of tells me that the AME was right. If not for anger issues, certainly for judgement.

Closed thread. Beyond what is acceptable in the good doctor's forum. [and cleaned up]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back