Anyone Know About Mountain Air Cargo??

CaptChris

I have been looking into a few options for the future and one that appeals to me is Moutain Air Cargo out of Denver, NC. They fly the F-27, Shorts 360, and Caravan, but does anyone know of them? Has anyone worked for them?

They seem like a legit operation, and their maintnence looks pretty good, especially for a cargo operation. Minnimums for those of you who are interested are 1000 Total, 100 ME for an F-27 first officer. Oh well, any feedback is appreciated!

Chris

I spent alot of time around their folks...they did maintenance at my home base when I was living in Kinston, NC (KISO). Great outfit!

I'd take a job flying single-pilot cargo first, if given the choice...
grin.gif

Lloyd,
Yeah... you'd hold out and try to get into their caravans before their F-27's? They seem like an awesome company... and the route structure is pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind overnighting in the Carribean somewhere! I know one pilot at a cargo operation on our field at Toledo that was hired there, but then he had a hell of a time with the training I guess and left. Oh well... looks like a great company to me, and an excellent way to get your foot in the door if you want to fly freight!

Lloyd, do you have any contact info for the Kinston outfit you worked at? Good flight school? I am looking to head down to NC after I graduate, beautiful weather and my parents just moved down there (Its funny how they wait to get me and my sister into an Ohio university and then they take off---hopefully they leave a forwarding address!!).
grin.gif

Thanks for your response.

Chris

Well, my old flight school in Kinston is gone, but there's another one on the field now. Called Henley Aviation . It's a pretty simple place, with simple folks all around and a simple flight school. Mountain Air's ramp is alll the way down near the approach end of 23....we were down near the approach end of 5.

Kinston has a really long runway now...11,500 feet now! They were trying for the "Kinston Regional Transpark", but that never happened.....amazing that folks thought that it would!!
grin.gif

It's a great airport to fly in and out of. The Seymour Johnson RAPCON is a great ATC facility and they were always willing to help us with unusual requests (that's also where the Air Force trains it's controllers, so beware - take a traffic alert for what it's worth....
tongue.gif
). ILS approach, VOR right off of the airport and just over an hour flying time to Norfolk. It's only about 2-1/2 hours to the Baltimore/DC areas. So, it's in the back woods, but it's easy to get out of there!!!

If you want anymore info, just let me know! I know alot of the folks at the flight school...
wink.gif

Lloyd,
Thanks for the response. Any info is appreciated. Henley looks like a nice flight school, and their aircraft look to be in pretty good shape from the pictures. I am going to drop them an E-mail and see what they have going on at their school. In the mean time... any info you have on any flight schools in the NC area is appreciated!

Thank you very much for your help! In the mean time... I'm off to study for the CFI
banghead.gif

Chris

Where in NC are you moving to, and where are you looking at as far as flight schools go? I'm not much, just a PPL student, but I've lived in NC for all my 16 years in GSO (Mountain AIr Cargo has a couple daily? flights) here, don't know much about them, but I can always ask around. If you'd like any info on NC in general feel free to ask me anything.

Mountain Air flies the Fedex feeder flights in Caravans - I've met a couple of their pilots at air shows- seem to like what they are doing-- great planes!
spin2.gif

Yea their caravans and F-27's are supposed to be pretty awesome. Plus---NC is awesome
cool.gif
Oh well.... hopefully I can get into that op someday. Thanks for the post

Back