Anyone in the January IFOD class ? Or any school to start the year.

av8or757

I'm about to start the January IFOD class in just under two weeks now. Anyone else out there signed up for that class,or at any other schools to start the year ?

I'm extremely excited. As the class date draws closer, I have to say that I'm a bit nervous. After about 4-5 years of ramps ops, I thought that would be my 'career'. At 37, and now married I realize for various reasons it's probably good to transition into something else.

So where are my other future dispatchers at ? Are you all ready ? What are your feelings and thoughts going into this ? I'll turn 38 the last week of my class and for the first time ever it has crept into my mind of how an employer may view my age despite however many years in the industry. That actually scares me a bit. It's a sizable investment and move later in life. Not quite the $$$ a pilot may lay down,but I am entering it knowing or expecting to take a haircut. For how long...well time will tell.

Either way, my excitement to earn my DX, and work in the brains of an airline, and hopefully a major in the end outweighs my thoughts of the unknown future.

Good choice dude, IFOD rocks and the instructors are cool. Tell Shad I said "hi." Also not sure how much help I can be, but if you got any questions feel free to PM me.

IFOD's a great choice; you will have an awesome time, learns lots, and gain many friends and some good contacts in the industry...perhaps gain a few pounds from the nearby Whataburger as well. Good luck!

IFOD's a great choice; you will have an awesome time, learns lots, and gain many friends and some good contacts in the industry...perhaps gain a few pounds from the nearby Whataburger as well. Good luck!

Gross Whataburger! Go to Chick-Fil-A it's five minutes away, or chiptole!

I stayed at the Econolodge. Several dining options and grocery stores are within walking distance. You can also tip Lewis and he'll take you just about anywhere.

Thanks to everyone for great info. Happy holudays to you if you celebrate. I hope your holiday period has been a freat one and safe.

Exactly a week away from my class start. My apprehension is slowly fading into excitement and eagerness to get started.

Back