Any CFI's at IASCO in Redding CA?

Gojo496

Hello,

I'm looking to network with any current, or former CFI's that have experience working at IASCO in redding CA.

I have some questions about the area of Redding, cost of living, and the training environment at IASCO.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated!

Hello,

I'm looking to network with any current, or former CFI's that have experience working at IASCO in redding CA.

I have some questions about the area of Redding, cost of living, and the training environment at IASCO.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated!

I used to work there. PM me if you still want some info.

It's been three years since I've worked at Iasco but I can help with any of your questions.
Just wondering how you liked it overall there and how your experience was. Also wondering a little about their standardization ground school and what to expect or some tips. I trained in warriors and diamonds so oddly enough I have flown cessnas a couple times. Any info would be much appreciated.

The ground school wasn't too bad, just the chief pilot goes through the books very quickly cause it is really boring. They do give you a standardization book where you have to memorize the maneuvers. Before you can teach students you will be checked out to prove that you know how to do their procedures. There were some months I was busy maybe I got 80 hours flying. But more than enough a lot of months where I got maybe 40 hours. But having a roommate saved me from going broke. I've taught at a few flight schools and I'll admit probably the best organized flight school out there.

The ground school wasn't too bad, just the chief pilot goes through the books very quickly cause it is really boring. They do give you a standardization book where you have to memorize the maneuvers. Before you can teach students you will be checked out to prove that you know how to do their procedures. There were some months I was busy maybe I got 80 hours flying. But more than enough a lot of months where I got maybe 40 hours. But having a roommate saved me from going broke. I've taught at a few flight schools and I'll admit probably the best organized flight school out there.
Thanks for the info on the ground school. So it's not a good place to build time? Did you also have the opportunity to fill your schedule with more ground and sim to get close to 35-40 hours a week? I am a new CFI with no experience and want to build my time quick but this school seemed dealt legit and well managed. Any advice on what to do to build time quick and would IASCO be a good spot after 6 months or so?

I wouldn't go into a flight instructor job with the mindset to build time quick. You will be disappointed really really quickly when a plane breaks, bad weather, student sick, etc.... This company will make u prepared for airline flying since this company is big on procedures. You don't do any scheduling the scheduling department does that for you. The night before your workday you log on and checked your schedule to see what time your start time is.

I wouldn't go into a flight instructor job with the mindset to build time quick. You will be disappointed really really quickly when a plane breaks, bad weather, student sick, etc.... This company will make u prepared for airline flying since this company is big on procedures. You don't do any scheduling the scheduling department does that for you. The night before your workday you log on and checked your schedule to see what time your start time is.
Ok thanks for the advice. Yeah it after talking with them and looking on their website it looked like a mini airline the way it was set up so it looked intriguing. How long were you there? How come you left?

I was there for about 7 months. Moved to San Diego got my masters degree and got a job with a flight school. Now I'm heading to training at trans state airlines.

I was there for about 7 months. Moved to San Diego got my masters degree and got a job with a flight school. Now I'm heading to training at trans state airlines.
Oh gotcha. Glad to hear your moving on. Thanks for all the help and advice best of luck to you in the future.

Thanks. If I were you and you want to build time quickly. Look in San Diego, Phoenix, and or a company called us aviation in Denton tx.

Thanks. If I were you and you want to build time quickly. Look in San Diego, Phoenix, and or a company called us aviation in Denton tx.
I looked in San Diego and didn't see a whole lot of openings, I love that area and have been there on vacation twice. Phoenix I wanted to as well but teams pac won't consider me without the CFII which IASCO would pay for. Also oddly enough US aviation just called me back tonight. I'm trying to figure out what to do and it's a tough call. I turned down a job at my local fbo in mn because I want better weather for more consistent weather. I'm with you on the quality of experience and training it looks like IASCO would provide but I also want to do what will help me get to a regional the quickest. Any advice with all these variables ha?

The hardest thing you will face is getting cross country time. Since u said local FBO I take it you didn't go to a part 141 school. So you will need 500 hrs of xc, private students don't require a lot of dual xc. So you might be stuck any flight school for 1.5 to 2 years. IASCO is nice because they pay for your license but will require a 6 month contract for each addon to your cfi cert. Weather sucks in the winter and I think you only get max of 4 students so sometimes you will be busy. But often times you will do nothing and wait till each student passes their prog checks. If I were you I would do aerial photography work 7 months get your total time and xc time up then look at doing cfi.

I went through 61 then my school became 141 and a lot of guys ran into the xc time issue as well. How do the winters really get because I'm from mn and flying from nov to march gets really tough. The surveying idea is a good one to consider

I also have met a pipeline guy who lets me fly and log time with him since he has so many hours and I can rack up a decent amount doin that unfortunately no pay but I get the hours

I also worked there for about 2 years... I enjoyed it and left for the airlines but while I was there I gained about 350 multi and 1300tt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back