Another MD80 makes an emergency landing - Guess who?

I'm guessing his company bought said ticket.

Aaaaannnnd?

"Hey boss, I'm not flying on Allegiant.....No, this isn't up for discussion.....yes, I have a higher chance of an accident with them....that's fine, have my last check ready for me by 5 today please."

Guess Who

maxresdefault.jpg

You don't have to do anything except die and pay taxes.... You chose to buy a ticket on Allegiant for quite possibly the same reason many do... Price. No need for the dramatics.

Hmmm.. Let me guess. company buys the ticket. I say no... Then I have to pay 750 bucks out of pocket. I am guessing your an allegiant sympathizer?

He's definitely an Allegiant sympathizer. He's also right. Everyone is burning with righteous indignation about writing up the airplanes YOU fly. Sacred duty of Teh Profeeshun etc. etc. Don't see why the same doesn't apply to anything else the company asks you to do that you consider dumb/risky/what have you. Take a stand. Vote with your feet. Etc.

Sarcasm aside. If you are paying a low fare then this is what you get. I might have sounded very sarcastic before but honestly I had a good experience with the airline. I really don't mind flying them.

o
No. ATP mins haven't been a discussion starter... ~3000TT is the approximate starting point. Average new hire is still somewhere between 4-6k TT with PIC time or solid substitute experience.

Uhhh yea, they can kiss my rump. You can get to United easily with 6k TT.

o

Uhhh yea, they can kiss my rump. You can get to United easily with 6k TT.
Very true but for those who aren't receiving class dates from the legacies or simply require a different lifestyle Allegiant can be a good place to hang your hat... Just depends on a person's needs/wants.

Would it be wise to fly for Allegiant Air and risk your chance on being fired for doing something right and not risk the lives and safety of your passengers? Or would you turn it down and continue to fly an ERJ-145 for another 5 years? Good luck to the Allegiant pilots out there.

Would it be wise to fly for Allegiant Air and risk your chance on being fired for doing something right and not risk the lives and safety of your passengers? Or would you turn it down and continue to fly an ERJ-145 for another 5 years? Good luck to the Allegiant pilots out there.

In the event of emergency, engine explodes piercing the fuel lines and starting an in-flight fire, make successful landing saving all on board then quickly call a quit before Allegiant can fire you.

51RAWBM1XBL.jpg

That's good to hear. When they got the Airbus I heard the maintenance was just as bad. Is that true?
I honestly don't know... I fly mainline metal a few times a week. The older USAir buses are broke a lot too. I'm not trying to trivialize what is apparently happening at Allegiant right now, but I do believe it is perhaps getting blown a little out of proportion.

Back