Another eLogbook Thread

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
My subscription with SafeLog is coming up for renewal at the end of May and I'm debating ditching it for something else. It does have some nice features, but it's got some quirks that irritate me and I'm seeing what options there are.

My needs:

• General purpose logging of GA flights tracking all of the necessary columns. If it calculates XC time and knows the difference between 50nm XC and point-to-point XC, that's awesome - bonus if it separately can track category/class variations.
  • Maybe it has some features which are useful for CFIs that I don't know that I want?
  • If it tracks currency for various things (instrument, medical, etc) so much the better.
  • Should be operating-system agnostic; preferably web-based. Mobile app is a plus but not strictly a requirement.
  • If it can generate 8710s that would be super cool.
  • Don't mind a subscription-method if it's reasonably priced. Would like a try-before-buy-option

I've thought about using Foreflight's logbook but I'm actually trying to wean myself off what I think of as Total FF Dependency(tm) so if there's something else out there, I'm willing to look.

Anyway - there may not be anything that does all this - (Safelog Web does, but I'm really hating the interface) but I figured I'd see what was there.

I used ForeFlight’s for a while and it was fine. Couldn’t do a lot of data mining and specialized reports with it though. I just switched (today) to mccPilotlog. One time cost. Mobile and desktop. Cloud storage with syncing. It does 8710s endorsements, GA and CFI stuff. It does airline importing. It does currency. It does specialized reporting. In short it does everything I need and has the one thing I don’t want - reoccurring costs.

Edit -also does try before you buy.

Also, it took me two days format my logbook for import. It’s a beast. They offer to do it for you if you email them a file but I didn’t trust it.

I've been using ZuluLog for years and have had no issues. Should fit all of your requirements and I love the report customization. You can try the basic version for free and then upgrade to their subscription based plan if you desire more features (about $9 a month).

www.zululog.com

Back