Endeavor Air - Honest answers

Two bases. LGA/JFK -200 will most likely be VERY jr once the dust settles.

Until co-domicile.....Been discussed/being discussed..It'll come, but for a price in pay, parking, transport between the 2 (yes, it does currently exist on company dime), with trip construction, and efb's solely (meaning: not also having to carry jepps) for the pilots. So in time. Then it'll be dual qual for all (pay/training upgrades required there), instructors are starting dual qual Immeniemtly. In what I would wager a beer: by August 2017, dual qual will exist, as will co-domicile. So Msp, Dtw, NYC as your bases.

And let's talk about hats. I'll summarize that discussion- wear one of you want, just don't forget where you placed it. Some seem to throw a fit over them. I don't own one, but the company will give you one. Your choice regardless of what you fly out of where.

I have it on good authority that Delta only shoots for a max 25% pass rate for the SSP. They also dig deeper than your personnel file. They asked a recent candidate about work he had done years before at XJ, but didn't list on his résumé. So apparently the phone calls go all around C tower to get the scoop.

When is the good news coming? Never.

I haven't had a chance to peruse the thread, but I hope you were taken to task for this! So, how did your good authority source work out? ;)

What does the future hold for MSP as a base, and as a headquarters?

What are you supposed to choose a regional for then? I always hear don't go for the first year pay, don't go for the plane, now don't go for the base?

I mean, don't go somewhere for nothing but a base. Look how quick bases open and close in the regional world. Sure, consider the bases, but don't make it the only thing you pick an airline on.

The entire regional game comes down to how lucky you are a throwing dice that you never get to throw.

RUMOR is that 9E, might be shifting their priorities over to the JFK/LGA area in the near future. From it's current MSP/DTW. And that there is talk about moving the headquarters from MSP, to ATL.

If DAL plans to take back flying, i don't see how regional growth or further saturation of a saturated NYC market demonstrates that. They have RAH feed at JFK growing as well.

Hmm, guess we'll have to wait and see if this rummor becomes real.

Some carriers be more than happy to fill the void at MSP if this happens

RUMOR is that 9E, might be shifting their priorities over to the JFK/LGA area in the near future. From it's current MSP/DTW. And that there is talk about moving the headquarters from MSP, to ATL.

That rumor has been around since DL closed MEM. The deal with the MAC as part of the NW/DL merger was to keep the MSP facility(s) for a minimum of 5 years I believe. Anything can happen, but significant money and improvements have been put into the MSP DL facilities (where EDV's HQ also exists on campus). So who knows, it will always be a rumor floating around, unless it happens. Pretty sure the 5 years are already expired though from the required "commitment" if it makes anyone feel better.

That rumor has been around since DL closed MEM. The deal with the MAC as part of the NW/DL merger was to keep the MSP facility(s) for a minimum of 5 years I believe. Anything can happen, but significant money and improvements have been put into the MSP DL facilities (where EDV's HQ also exists on campus). So who knows, it will always be a rumor floating around, unless it happens. Pretty sure the 5 years are already expired though from the required "commitment" if it makes anyone feel better.

I hear that MSP, is SJI's second largest hub. Doubt it's going anywhere.

Which bases are Junior for the 200? 900? Is DTW easy to hold out of training?

Right now it looks like the company is ramping up NYC bases for both the 200 and 900. That being said, a vacancy where you can bid for other bases comes out every 3 months or so and there has been a ton of movement in those. You should be able to hold which base you want either by the end of training, or only a few months after.

Right now it looks like the company is ramping up NYC bases for both the 200 and 900. That being said, a vacancy where you can bid for other bases comes out every 3 months or so and there has been a ton of movement in those. You should be able to hold which base you want either by the end of training, or only a few months after.

Good to hear. Do they currently have both -200 and -900s in DTW?

Bid where you want, not where you think you can hold. Movement is happening and will continue. You may not get your first choice(s) in the first vacancy on property, but will shortly after training is done (this exists at any regional) and by the time you get where you want to be and comfy in the plane you will go through this same thought process for upgrade into where you want to be vs where you can hold. Temptation can be rough vs QOL.

Just bid where you want to be and you will eventually get there.

Bid where you want, not where you think you can hold. Movement is happening and will continue. You may not get your first choice(s) in the first vacancy on property, but will shortly after training is done (this exists at any regional) and by the time you get where you want to be and comfy in the plane you will go through this same thought process for upgrade into where you want to be vs where you can hold. Temptation can be rough vs QOL.

Just bid where you want to be and you will eventually get there.

Definitely true, I been seeing so many people get wrapped up in the fact that there's no vacancies for MSP or DTW on 16-03. That doesn't mean that there will be no openings on the secondary vacancy.

Definitely true, I been seeing so many people get wrapped up in the fact that there's no vacancies for MSP or DTW on 16-03. That doesn't mean that there will be no openings on the secondary vacancy.

Any idea when that will come out? Is there a schedule for these?

Back