ALPA at Colgan

We need Alpa, Bad.

I wholeheartedly agree! Have you been helping the cause in EWR? If you'd like to help, let me know....we're always looking for OC'ers (esp. in EWR). From what I've been hearing, we could certainly use the support over there!

I wholeheartedly agree! Have you been helping the cause in EWR? If you'd like to help, let me know....we're always looking for OC'ers (esp. in EWR). From what I've been hearing, we could certainly use the support over there!

Yeah, me and one other EWR f.o. are the only ones on the OC that I know of, there are a few captains on there as well in EWR.

Yeah, me and one other EWR f.o. are the only ones on the OC that I know of, there are a few captains on there as well in EWR.

Awesome, thanks for your support. Hopefully the EWR OC contingent can make some progress on the ALPA front! :nana2:

Awesome, thanks for your support. Hopefully the EWR OC contingent can make some progress on the ALPA front! :nana2:

it's not too bad. last night alone i witnessed seven cards being signed. many are sporting the lanyards now too.

Don't worry about us Cruise, I have six cards I am sending out on Monday in my flight bag in addition.

EWR has been gettiner 'er done.

Have you been getting it done with LGA, SYR, and BOS???????

it's not too bad. last night alone i witnessed seven cards being signed. many are sporting the lanyards now too.

Get off your damn computer and out get out of the crashpad. I know its going to be lonely without me there for a whole week. NINJA

Don't worry about us Cruise, I have six cards I am sending out on Monday in my flight bag in addition.

EWR has been gettiner 'er done.

Have you been getting it done with LGA, SYR, and BOS???????

I've got a couple cards in my bag that'll be mailed on Monday. AFAIK, almost all pilots (some not interested---we talked about that, and some on vacation but will when they return) from SYR have filled out cards. LGA....well, I've always got quick turns down there. So I'm happy if I have time to take a wiz and get the paperwork before we're pushing again. No worries though, I always carry cards w/ me and I chat up everyone I can! ;)

Well, you know if the IBt falls through for us, maybe we can court the Free Masons... protection that coulded in secrecy would surly scare off managment if Hoffa's boys are not up to the task.:sarcasm:

This is one of those things i just wish was over and done with. Wish it was done with a year ago. All the blast mails, mailers, company letters of bs... gets old.

"I thought i wanted a career, turns our all I wanted was a paycheck", -somebody else...

It is clear to me after talking to many fellow pilotos that the people pushing the IBT do NOT understand the situation that CJC is in.

PNCL ALPA can NOT force a seniority merger. Only Management CAN. And anyone who has been at CJC, since PNCL found us under the sofa cushions, knows that company integration has been happening already and is continuing to happen. It is only a matter of time that they will integrate all the flying under one banner. Albeit probably not this year or next but eventually.

When that happens we WILL become PNCL ALPA like it or not. That is by law. We are less than thirty percent of the total combined group therefore there will not be an election. In light of this fact, IF we are IBT at the time of integration we more than likely won't get good representation when negotiating the terms of the integration. If we are ALPA, we have by FAR the best chance of a truly "fair and equitable" integration.

This is very important for you IBT supporters to understand. It is about your future and more importantly MINE!

It is clear to me after talking to many fellow pilotos that the people pushing the IBT do NOT understand the situation that CJC is in.

PNCL ALPA can NOT force a seniority merger. Only Management CAN. And anyone who has been at CJC, since PNCL found us under the sofa cushions, knows that company integration has been happening already and is continuing to happen. It is only a matter of time that they will integrate all the flying under one banner. Albeit probably not this year or next but eventually.

When that happens we WILL become PNCL ALPA like it or not. That is by law. We are less than thirty percent of the total combined group therefore there will not be an election. In light of this fact, IF we are IBT at the time of integration we more than likely won't get good representation when negotiating the terms of the integration. If we are ALPA, we have by FAR the best chance of a truly "fair and equitable" integration.

This is very important for you IBT supporters to understand. It is about your future and more importantly MINE!

Glad I'm not the only one who understands that. Problem is, I really don't think that IBT supporters actually read this forum.

Glad I'm not the only one who understands that. Problem is, I really don't think that IBT supporters actually read this forum.

I agree. BUt you would be surprised how much of what is posted here circulates among the pilot group. So what you post here can be important

I agree. BUt you would be surprised how much of what is posted here circulates among the pilot group. So what you post here can be important

In that case, lets keep posting about Pants free Fridays, I think its a great idea. When we vote in Alpa, that should be in our contract.

Here's a bit more fodder for ya, the 9L bids just came out, and somehow... about half of the street CA's landed lines that would make #1 at the base green with envy.

13-14 days off, all overnights, 85+credit hours, and every weekend off... while Pilots sitting more than 300 numbers senior, got 11 days off, shafted on the credit and mixes of out/backs, standup's etc.

Sure is nice when they can do what they want with ya :)

(EWR base this is)

Here's a bit more fodder for ya, the 9L bids just came out, and somehow... about half of the street CA's landed lines that would make #1 at the base green with envy.

13-14 days off, all overnights, 85+credit hours, and every weekend off... while Pilots sitting more than 300 numbers senior, got 11 days off, shafted on the credit and mixes of out/backs, standup's etc.

(EWR base this is)

I just looked at the EWR awards and the 4 street captains have 12, 13, 12, 12 days off. I even see some day trips for two of them. They all have reserve days. The highest credit is 83 hours and the lowest is 67. Only one of them has both Sat and Sundays off.

(EWR base this is)

There are 2 street CA's in my crashpad, and they assured me that this was not true. They are pretty much always sitting reserve, maybe a few built in trips.

reserve with 13 days off, and over 80 hrs credit doesn't add up. Reserve all month with min days off is 75 hours credit.

Nothing against them at all - but some of them were given cherry schedules

The company might as well give them some flight time if it's available, right?
I don't see any Captains on full reserve schedules. There's even some CA open time for Sep. still left.

Wish there was some FO open time. I gave up my line for August and took reserve, ended up helping 2 FO's get off green.

Back