ALPA at Colgan

Take it from a guy that worked at Colgan... and now works at an ALPA carrier..

... Colgan needs ALPA. Badly. You have no idea how much a Collectively Bargained Contract can improve the quality and regularity of your professional life.

There really needs to be an info campaign started by ALPA to combat the "ALPA is gonna favor PCL" stuff. That sounds like something that was totally out of left field, and people that are anti-ALPA are talking it up. There is NO evidence to support that. Now, if the pilots elected to your MEC favor PCL, then that's the ONLY way CJC is gonna get favoritism over PCL pilots in the ALPA system. ALPA national has VERY, VERY little to say on how things are done at individual carriers, so there's no reason ALPA would favor PCL guys over CJC concerns. It's fear mongering started by guys that don't understand how ALPA works.

They might as well say ALPA is gonna favor the Delta pilots over the NWA pilots.....

There really needs to be an info campaign started by ALPA to combat the "ALPA is gonna favor PCL" stuff. That sounds like something that was totally out of left field, and people that are anti-ALPA are talking it up. There is NO evidence to support that. Now, if the pilots elected to your MEC favor PCL, then that's the ONLY way CJC is gonna get favoritism over PCL pilots in the ALPA system. ALPA national has VERY, VERY little to say on how things are done at individual carriers, so there's no reason ALPA would favor PCL guys over CJC concerns. It's fear mongering started by guys that don't understand how ALPA works.

They might as well say ALPA is gonna favor the Delta pilots over the NWA pilots.....

Exactly! You guys are stealing our JOBZZZZZZZZZ. :panic::panic:

:sarcasm:

Does anyone who's for Teamsters realize that it is Teamsters who forgets about newhire classes and then mails them a informational packet after they were told they would be furloughed, asking for back dues? Sheaaahh!

Does anyone who's for Teamsters realize that it is Teamsters who forgets about newhire classes and then mails them a informational packet after they were told they would be furloughed, asking for back dues? Sheaaahh!

No, nobody for Teamsters has ever talked to Teamsters. Nor have they read ALPA's merger policy, nor have they any clue what they are talking about. Nor do they realize that signing a Teamsters cards means that they don't have to vote on it. People are so clueless it's not even funny.

Whateva
Top Ten reasons for CJC to be IBT
1. conflict of interest with ALPA

Care to explain? There is no conflict of interest. Your interests are the exact same interests as the PCL pilots' interests. You've brainwashed yourself into believing that you're on opposite sides, but it just isn't true. The PCL MEC is welcoming you with open arms, and you're flipping them the bird. :banghead:

2. ALPA will favor PNCL

I assume you're talking about a possible merger. In that case, ALPA can't favor either side, because ALPA National is prohibited by their own Bylaws (a legally binding document) from getting involved in mergers between two of their own carriers. The two MECs receive no special help or guidance from ALPA National. National is very careful to stay out of these issues, because they don't want even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

3. We will be fenced to 34 seats if we go ALPA

Actually, that's much more likely to happen if you don't go ALPA. I remind you of what happened with Mesaba and Big Sky. Captain Wychor, the MSA MEC Chairman spent huge amounts of time and money to work with the Big Sky pilots when MAIR Holdings purchased Big Sky. He wanted to build a good relationship with the Big Sky pilots and have them join ALPA so they could all work together. The Big Sky pilots basically said "f--- you, we don't trust ALPA." Sound familiar? After that, the MSA MEC had no choice but to protect their own interests, and they scoped Big Sky to 19 seats in their Section 6 negotiations. Guess where Big Sky is now? Those who don't learn from history....

5. TEAMSTERS cost less

You get what you pay for.

6. Jimmy Hoffas my homie

This Hoffa isn't as bad as the elder Hoffa, but they're both scumbags and crooks. I wouldn't trust the IBT International as far as I could throw them. Lying bunch of thieves that won't even pay their debts to their own union brothers at the AFL-CIO. Scum.

3. PNCL will use their Stapler if CJC goes ALPA

ALPA merger policy prohibits a staple between two ALPA carriers. Your only protection is to go with ALPA and have the ALPA merger policy to shield you. Without ALPA, you're on your own, and the IBT is no match for ALPA in airline merger proceedings.

2. Chicks dig Teamsters

Not the kind of chicks that I'd be interested in.

PCL....Sherpa is on the ALPA OC.....he's merely posting the thoughts of the IBT'ers.

It boggles my mind.....I've talked to many people over here and the number 1 reason people are interested in IBT.

*drumroll*

CHEAPER DUES

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :mad::mad::mad:

We're talking about $150-250/ yr! These are the same people that will waste big bucks on Starbucks or any other airport convenience, totaling way more than the dues difference.

It is truly amazing how ignorant some people CHOOSE to be. Good job idiots.....way to make the bad choice...AGAIN! I'm holding on to hope; but I'm not feeling the love. Please industry, turn around.....I need to get out of here!!!!!!

The only shining light is that enough people now see the need for representation......they just need to be guided to the proper choice!!!!!!

My good friend at xjet just told me to make sure we don't vote in alpa. Said alpa wants to take more money from the pilots to make up for lost dues rather than take a paycut themselves. He said the alpa guys make 200K+.

Just sayin' what he said. Hmm, usairways, now xjet, maybe we better start listening.

My good friend at xjet just told me to make sure we don't vote in alpa. Said alpa wants to take more money from the pilots to make up for lost dues rather than take a paycut themselves. He said the alpa guys make 200K+.

Just sayin' what he said. Hmm, usairways, now xjet, maybe we better start listening.

What???? This is flamebait at its finest! Yeah, that's it, the 450 pilots at CJC are going to offset the 5,000 pilots it lost from the AAA/AWA debacle.

To that I say: Wake up and get a clue! Stop being ignorant and actually try to educate yourself on the issues instead of listening to fear-mongering crewroom nonsense.

That's a pretty blatant half truth. There's a LOT more on the whole dues thing than what your friend told you. In fact, it may not even pass. It's up for a vote right now, and I'm pretty sure all the status reps here at Pinnacle voted "no." Believe it or not, some actually didn't have a problem with it, but since most of the pilots here said they didn't want it, they voted how they should. Sounds weird, but that's how the system is SUPPOSED to work. Too bad Washington gets it wrong most of the time.

What???? This is flamebait at its finest! Yeah, that's it, the 450 pilots at CJC are going to offset the 5,000 pilots it lost from the AAA/AWA debacle.

To that I say: Wake up and get a clue! Stop being ignorant and actually try to educate yourself on the issues instead of listening to fear-mongering crewroom nonsense.
:yeahthat:Word!

Whateva
Top Ten reasons for CJC to be IBT
1. conflict of interest with ALPA
2. ALPA will favor PNCL
3. We will be fenced to 34 seats if we go ALPA
4. THEY TKR JEBS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fGl9587X8
5. TEAMSTERS cost less
6. Jimmy Hoffas my homie
5. My new hair cut at Colgan with IBT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M
4. Bubba loves IBT
3. PNCL will use their Stapler if CJC goes ALPA
2. Chicks dig Teamsters

Hey V you gonna be at the pad this week? Jeff from Alpa is mailing a package with more lanyards, cards, phamplets, etc and its gettin sent to the crashpad, so be on the lookout.

Finally some info in IAD from ALPA! Was in the crew room yesterday and one of the Captains who went to the EWR open house posted up an ALPA Q&A. I read through it and its good stuff. Glad to see that ALPA is going to make a visit to IAD as well, that place is in love with teamsters.

Finally some info in IAD from ALPA! Was in the crew room yesterday and one of the Captains who went to the EWR open house posted up an ALPA Q&A. I read through it and its good stuff. Glad to see that ALPA is going to make a visit to IAD as well, that place is in love with teamsters.

From what I've been hearing, we've had some info (such as stacks of authorization cards) in the crewroom and they magically disappear with IBT information being put down in it's place. Someone has (or many have) been trying to snuff ALPA's presence in IAD. No worries though, we'll be making a show of force in short order. Look for 'bites to eat' in the not-too-distant future.

For now, we need to focus on getting the authorization cards returned ASAP. If any of you haven't done so yet, PLEASE DO IT NOW!

From what I've been hearing, we've had some info (such as stacks of authorization cards) in the crewroom and they magically disappear with IBT information being put down in it's place. Someone has (or many have) been trying to snuff ALPA's presence in IAD. No worries though, we'll be making a show of force in short order. Look for 'bites to eat' in the not-too-distant future.

For now, we need to focus on getting the authorization cards returned ASAP. If any of you haven't done so yet, PLEASE DO IT NOW!

If someone is doing that, they need to be told IMMEDIATELY that it's probably illegal to sabotage another union's drive. Could put the whole union vote at risk.

Back