Alaska Airlines was "Shocked"

Oh, DanJ
I am sure your fraternity was the 'hot' place to be Saturday night @Derg.

Not really, I think the police were sorry for your asses. Did they give you guys the birds and bees talk? Or did they just know action wasn't happening? :)

Actually, it kinda was. Dude, have you been to Prescott? :)

Oh, DanJ

Actually, it kinda was. Dude, have you been to Prescott? :)
suasage-fest.jpg

Not really, I think the police were sorry for your asses. Did they give you guys the birds and bees talk? Or did they just know action wasn't happening? :)

That video was bad ass! Makes me want to transfer to the main campus!:smoke:

What the hell is the glider string doing on the windscreen?

I know you gotta be kidding, but do you have a multi signoff? That is the yaw string. Every light twin I ever flew or instructed in had one.

I've only ever seen one in a glider. Doesn't seem like a bad idea for a training twin, more visual reference for students to look at.

What the hell is the glider string doing on the windscreen?

Training aid.

Great demonstrator for what you think your control inputs are doing during engine-out operations and what you're actually doing.

I know you gotta be kidding, but do you have a multi signoff? That is the yaw string. Every light twin I ever flew or instructed in had one.

I have never seen a yaw string in a light twin before. It makes brilliant sense to have one while learning, but I was just instructed to keep an eye on the ball.

I have never seen a yaw string in a light twin before. It makes brilliant sense to have one while learning, but I was just instructed to keep an eye on the ball.

It's a great learning tool.

I put one on the Duchess I instructed in at times to help the student. it's better than "See your turn coordinator, see it looks like this, and see, the ball has got to be a little off center, blah blah blah" — at a million decibels, gravity, ATC screaming in your ear, it can be overwhelming at times for new students.

But if you can create a visual aid to cross-reference what you're talking about, it's good arrow to have in your quiver.

Comes in great to demonstrate the loss of rudder effectiveness during Vmc demos as well.

Yes it is. check out this one at the 2:00 mark. And they touchdown on the thresh hold. You need every inch on this runway.

Thats not Quito.. that is Tegooch in Honduras. I can't speel its full name, Tegusigalpa is what it sounds like.

I've never had one. I did my multi work in a travel air and 340 then moved to a King Air. I've only seen them in gliders I've been in.

Back