Alaska Airlines is hiring

What is a TBNT? My first language is not Acronym.

There's this magical tool on the internet called "Google" that has all kinds of information about acronyms (and many other things) if you perform this step called a "Search." However, to answer your question, TBNT in this context stands for Thanks But No Thanks.

ATTENTION

The closing date on the posting is for this coming Monday November 17th.

Anyone here saying they have been given a TBNT NOTICE or has been HIRED is playing HEADGAMES.

Alaska Air does not begin to call or notify until after the close date, they have more integrity then to call before. They will likely chose 30-40 apps for interview and do fly-ins and and then HIRE.

ALSO
Alaska never sends out TBNT emails until well after they have hired....usually 60 days...... SO STOP STORYTELLING.

ATTENTION

Anyone here saying they have been given a TBNT NOTICE or has been HIRED is playing HEADGAMES.

Alaska Air does not begin to call or notify until after the close date, they have more integrity then to call before. They will likely chose 30-40 apps for interview and do fly-ins and and then HIRE.

ALSO
Alaska never sends out TBNT emails until well after they have hired....usually 60 days...... SO STOP STORYTELLING.

Oh how I wish that was true.

ATTENTION

ALSO

ATTENTION

ALSO

Anyone ever tell you that it is impolite to go around accusing people of lying? If not, then please allow me to be the first.

Anyone ever tell you that it is impolite to go around accusing people of lying? If not, then please allow me to be the first.

Not accusing you of lying. I happened to know something about AS recruiting and hiring practices. and the TBNT is not sent out within days of applying,it is weeks.

How do I know? I have applied for at least 10 other positions multiple times at AS over the past years and have been interviewed 4 times and never have received a TBNT until at least 60 days later. The last AS interview I did in August I got my TBNT email mid October.

Just The Fact DX KEN

Not accusing you of lying. I happened to know something about AS recruiting and hiring practices. and the TBNT is not sent out within days of applying,it is weeks.

How do I know? I have applied for at least 10 other positions multiple times at AS over the past years and have been interviewed 4 times and never have received a TBNT until at least 60 days later. The last AS interview I did in August I got my TBNT email mid October.

Just The Fact DX KEN
LMAO I'm looking at someone's TBNT letter right now with my own 2 eyes unless my eyes are lying to me.

LMAO I'm looking at someone's TBNT letter right now with my own 2 eyes unless my eyes are lying to me.

I think it's quite clear that your eyes must in fact be lying to you. I guess it's also possible it's some sort of mass conspiracy and your friend is trying to trick you for some reason. Either that or ExDxer is wrong...I wonder which is simpler.

I think it's quite clear that your eyes must in fact be lying to you. I guess it's also possible it's some sort of mass conspiracy and your friend is trying to trick you for some reason. Either that or ExDxer is wrong...I wonder which is simpler.

My bet is on the last option. Letter looks 150% legit.

ExDXer said:
ATTENTION The closing date on the posting is for this coming Monday November 17th. Anyone here saying they have been given a TBNT NOTICE or has been HIRED is playing HEADGAMES. Alaska Air does not begin to call or notify until after the close date, they have more integrity then to call before. They will likely chose 30-40 apps for interview and do fly-ins and and then HIRE. ALSO Alaska never sends out TBNT emails until well after they have hired....usually 60 days...... SO STOP STORYTELLING.

What IS being sent out is an email stating that "You haven't been chosen to continue on in the selection process" and that it "in no way reflects on your quality of credentials, but rather it's due to the high level of competition for the job".

So this is what people are referring to as a TBNT.

Let put it this way. I applied within an hour after the last Reserve Dispatcher posting on the AS career website and I have not received at TBNT nor have I received any indication of the status of my application.

So either they overlooked my app or I will be called for an interview after the closing date of November 17th.

ExDXer said:
ATTENTION The closing date on the posting is for this coming Monday November 17th. Anyone here saying they have been given a TBNT NOTICE or has been HIRED is playing HEADGAMES. Alaska Air does not begin to call or notify until after the close date, they have more integrity then to call before. They will likely chose 30-40 apps for interview and do fly-ins and and then HIRE. ALSO Alaska never sends out TBNT emails until well after they have hired....usually 60 days...... SO STOP STORYTELLING.

What IS being sent out is an email stating that "You havent been chosen to continue on in the selection process" and that it "in no way reflects on your quality of credentials, but rather its due to the high level of competition for the job".

This is what people are referring to as a TBNT.

Back