Airline Placement Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather buy used sex toys on Craig's List and then have somebody use those sex toys to perform bowel surgery on ME.

I must admit, however, that I'm enjoying the responses to the OP. It's nice to see that raising the BS flag is done so readily and decisively.

Here's to the folks at JC: Bringing reality that much closer to airline career progression.

From the 1000tt thread:

1000TT and below?

I believe the best way is just to pay your dues and do some good old flight instructing. Right now, is the BEST time to time build. The reason is, that while lots of your peers are sitting on the ground not building time, you could be getting ahead of them by Instructing. If we project the airlines/corporate outfits to start hiring again in 2-3 years, you would be that much ahead of everybody else!

I do believe the 1500 TT for pilots will be implemented by the government, in which case many would be left by the wayside. I know Flight Instructing jobs are scarce, but just keep applying to as many flight schools as you can, until you can get on with one. I would focus on flight schools that are located at a larger GA airport, in which you could also work at a Local FBO part-time and develop some connections.

You can search all of the forums, submit your resume to every single job available, and pay subscription fees for EVERY job site out there. I'm not discouraging you to do these things, as I own my own job site myself, but nothing beats networking. Networking will allow you to get the jobs that are not being advertised. The majority of positions are not advertised. Especially for Corporate/contract jobs, it's all about networking.

That is just my two cents...

Change of heart?

The majority of that, near 50%+, is already gone to malpractice insurance costs.

Malpractice is just the first set of costs, the biggest one. If one is private practice, then there are all the business costs to come with it. If one is HMO, then different costs associated. Just don't believe that 480K is takehome. It's an apples and oranges comparison in some respects simply due to the costs to be deducted, though I understand the idea that poster is trying to convey with the comparison which has merit.

Oh no problem. That's why I was saying your argument still has good merit, even though those details weren't being taken into account. The argument still holds overall.

Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
I just don't think it'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart..

Okay, Mike you're not a doctor, so stop acting like one of you family members is! ;)

What does that have to do with low time hiring in America and the desire for people like airployment to continue encouraging the "trend"? In my opinion I believe the days of low time hiring by the regionals are over and will never return.
I wouldn't bet on it.

There is no confirmation of the program, and we are in the preliminary process of developing a suitable program. Our intentions are to provide the low time pilot with an A320/B737 rating and also provide them with line training and airline placement around the world. It could turn out, that this program is not going to be effective in producing career pilots, and I want to be upfront about that.

This pretty much says it all! Read between the lines.....

Used car salesman who sales snake oil on the side to supplement his income. Run Forest...RUN!

First - We have not started this program. Merely, we have looked into the potential of doing this program.

Second - I do agree that it is much better to pay your dues as a flight instructor/time builder as it gives you more humbleness as a pilot. Further, it doesn't cost anything to you, in fact you get paid. However, when those options are off the table, what does one do?

If you're not interested in the program, don't participate in it. I don't see how any third party company can "guarantee" a job....I know many airlines that did the line training with promise of hiring the candidates, and never hired them. Those individuals did get hired elsewhere.

Good luck to everybody with their job search!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back