Airline Placement Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malpractice is just the first set of costs, the biggest one. If one is private practice, then there are all the business costs to come with it. If one is HMO, then different costs associated. Just don't believe that 480K is takehome. It's an apples and oranges comparison in some respects simply due to the costs to be deducted, though I understand the idea that poster is trying to convey with the comparison which has merit.

True. I forgot to mention that. Still if you are a neurologist, cardiologist, or even an ear, nose and throat physician, 240K is 240K. You could live on 60K or even 50K and still be able to pay off the loans in under 5 years.

Anyone who thinks it would be a good idea to put low time pilots in a passenger airliner must have some kind of mental disorder.

Anyone who thinks it would be a good idea to put low time pilots in a passenger airliner must have some kind of mental disorder.

Agreed!

but how low is low?, really it all depends on the person's ability and experience and willingness to learn...

Im not going to bash your post, but who are you really? As soon as I read your post I knew it was going to be a war to follow, but then again so did you. You asked everyone to be nice before they even started posting. You must not be new to this site but your posts only show 4. So you must be on under a different name. If thats the case, you must have known everyone was going to jump all over this, so what is your real motive here?

I'm really interested. I've only got about 350 hours and still have some money of my parents to spend. I'll work anywhere and don't need a lot.

Lets all keep an open mind about this. Like any other profession, whether it be a lawyer, doctor, or other highly skilled/trained profession, advanced training is required. Doctors spend 250-300K on tuition expenses + living expenses for 8 years, and then only receive 30-40k as a resident/fellow for 4-8 years depending on their specialty.

You are assuming that being a pilot has kept up with the glamor and BENEFITS of the other "top tier" jobs. IT HASN'T Now you will be lucky if you break out of 100K after a couple of decades still being gone half the time. Most of my friends are living in poverty, and the people that have years experience all they do is complain about the job and in now way recommended others of pursuing it. Would a doctor say the same to his prospect??

Guys, some of you are being way to harsh, lots of airlines around the word have programs where low time pilots get into the cockpit. Including European ones, and they seem to be working fine.

As for this; even if it were real it would smell like another lowdown scam. Please dont feed the trolls. The best thing to do here is ignore this thread.

True. I forgot to mention that. Still if you are a neurologist, cardiologist, or even an ear, nose and throat physician, 240K is 240K. You could live on 60K or even 50K and still be able to pay off the loans in under 5 years.

Oh no problem. That's why I was saying your argument still has good merit, even though those details weren't being taken into account. The argument still holds overall.

Guys, some of you are being way to harsh, lots of airlines around the word have programs where low time pilots get into the cockpit. Including European ones, and they seem to be working fine.

That's mostly because there aren't as many GA pilots there, and most that I know personally are wealthy enough that they would never consider working for an airline anyway.

In general, the only time placement services work is when the employer pays. Employers are only willing to do so when they can't find employees on their own, and reason that a placement firm will be cheaper than traditional recruiting costs.

In the case of airlines here, they already have plenty of high hour pilots to choose from, and it doesn't cost much to find them.

Snake oil. A 737/A320 type with no time is pretty much worthless anyway. If it actually meant anything, everyone would just get them.

I went to that website... And under jobs avail section... I see this:

Date -------------- Job Title ---------- Position
August 14, 2009 --- Flight Attendant --- Pilot

Uhhh......

A lot of airlines in Europe and Asia do this. Watch how you word stuff.

What does that have to do with low time hiring in America and the desire for people like airployment to continue encouraging the "trend"? In my opinion I believe the days of low time hiring by the regionals are over and will never return.

What does that have to do with low time hiring in America and the desire for people like airployment to continue encouraging the "trend"? In my opinion I believe the days of low time hiring by the regionals are over and will never return.

Yeah but I don't think we have a mental disorder:crazy:

Yeah but I don't think we have a mental disorder:crazy:

Maybe, but one can only speculate on the reasoning why some regionals hired pilots with extremely low times. Can you really call it a completely sane decision? Its debatable I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back