2013 dates...

Pilotforhire587

Lycra Man
I know its over a year away but I will have to bid for vacation for next year in October. With 2 kids now, my wife going back to work, and getting put back onto reserve because of displacements to SYR this year is not an option unfortunately. Any idea on what range of days I should look to request vacation for next year. Please and Thank You.

There was talk (but never confirmed) for it to be the x week of the year so everyone could know and bid. I think that got messed up by other events in Vegas and costings (rooms pricing).

Ok, I dont have a clue! :aghast:

Well I have my request in for the weekend off work, however after the displacements leaving me at 2 from the bottom in EWR has my chances of a weekend off as grim at best. I am gonna try, should know by the last week of September.

NBAA is back in Vegas next year with dates on their website of Tuesday Oct 22 - 24th. Friday the 25th would be a great day to kick off NJC 2013 festivities since people will already be in town.

Sometime in the first three weeks of October.

Here's what it depends on:

• The success of the current year. If it ends up being a fetid nightmare this year, well, that's all, folks! :)
  • Hotel room rates. I can find the perfect time period, but 51% will be pissed. Also, we've experimented with weekdays and weekends -- weekdays have lower rates which people like but then, lots of folks don't have those days off. Weekends have HIGHER rates, more people have the time off, but it gets spendy quickly.
  • NBAA is in town which means there's a lot of money in town and the hotel rates can get pricey on certain days.
  • If someone says, "negotiate a block of rooms!" I will ban you, look at the geo-location of your IP address and shoot you. I wouldn't wish that logistical nightmare on my worst enemies because it's a year of begging. If I get "X" rooms for that special rate and only "X-Y" rooms are sold, I'm still financially responsible for "Y" and if I had a dime for every person that said "$89 at the Palms? Man, I found a room for $85 six blocks away, not my problem!" or, like at the Sahara "$50 for a room! Yay! Oh man it's a hole! So laughable."
Sadly, airline pilots are seen in the hotel perspective like a Greyhound bus-load of ill-tempered senior citizens with expired two-for-one coupons for the "Blue Plate Special".
Soooooooooooo, rates should be out in the next month and we'll see.

Back