A pilot has been indicted for allegedly threatening to shoot the captain if the flight was diverted

The article doesn’t know the airline in question, but Salt Lake is mentioned a bunch… Sky West?

Salt Lake City and his type ratings(757, 767, DC9, A320) seem to suggest either Delta or AA.

EDIT: This article states it was in fact DL.

Last edited:
So, the $64,000 question. What was the problem with diverting due to a medical emergency? Enough to have the FFDO FO threaten to kill the Captain over it?

He must have perceived a threat in the way the diversion was going down. Must be more to the story. Still, the grand jury charged him so who knows. Maybe he was a nut case.

Gosh, I'm shocked. Shocked!

Pilots... being bat-guano crazy?!? Round up the usual suspects!

Also, unless this is a take-two, this is kinda stale "news".
When your local nut job goes crazy at the grocery store stocking shelves or desk job it doesn’t make the news because no one cares. When a pilot does some weird •, expect a front page article and 7 of your non aviation friends and family to text you if you “KNOW THIS GUY???”

When your local nut job goes crazy at the grocery store stocking shelves or desk job it doesn’t make the news because no one cares. When a pilot does some weird •, expect a front page article and 7 of your non aviation friends and family to text you if you “KNOW THIS GUY???”

I mean, having one pilot threaten to shoot the other for some bizarre reason isn’t exactly a common occurrence. Especially when you have 100+ lives in your hands.

everybody knows tcco...

No and it’s not the same name.
Isn’t it, works for a cargo outfit ?

1698835197363.gif

View attachment 74718

CHARLOTTE, N.C. [March 2008] The pilot of a US Airways [A319] may have mishandled a firearm that went off in flight, piercing a hole in the cockpit wall, a federal air marshal said Tuesday.”This is an extremely safe and reliable weapon,” said Greg Alter of the Federal Air Marshal Service. “It’s not going to discharge on its own, is the bottom line.”The pistol a .40-caliber semiautomatic H&K USP discharged Saturday aboard Flight 1536 from Denver to Charlotte, as the plane was approaching to land. Photos obtained by The Associated Press show a small entry hole in the lower side of the cockpit wall and a small exit hole on the exterior below the cockpit window.

(It pains me endlessly that I cannot say which aircraft if was.)

In response to the shooting the aircraft declared ( “ priority right! “ ).

Back