Wagner chief listed among passengers on board crashed plane, Russian state media

I think you’re right, which is pretty nuts. It’s been about 25 years since they started flying, most have already been retired, and this is the first.
It shows what a solid design it is, this accident is obviously due to external factors. For all the regionals that operated it with low time guys (myself included at 550 hours 😬), it’s remarkable.

I had in my head that the Lexington KY crash was an embraer but I see I was wrong. Then I thought about the Brazil midair but the Legacy made it out ok.

I will say, and this was before I was a hard-core CommieLibDEMONrat - The fact that Obama, after the Malaysian airplane. didn't go full-on Reagan sword rattling/deny Russians landing rights/deploy advanced missiles to Europe like after KAL007 irritated me and still irritates me. When Putin murdered a planeload of foreign nationals and arrogantly skated - that was not a great moment. I also personally believe anyone that says anything good about Putin, his government, or his activities should be lit on fire while alive so I admit my bias.

I'm sure he came to terms with the fact that he was a walking dead man. Probably the minute their mutiny ended. But it does suck that innocent lives had to be part of this. In soviet russia, there is equality......every life is equally expendable at the whim of glorious party chairman I mean "president"
I mean, other than the crew, who else was an innocent victim here? I mean, you're sitting in the back of a bizjet with the head of a mercenary group known for atrocity and disgusting war crime. I gotta assume at that point you're also a war criminal, or at least "war crimes adjacent" (like that Vivek Ramaswamy guy) so if you get a missile up your tailpipe...well, sucks to be you.

I will say, and this was before I was a hard-core CommieLibDEMONrat - The fact that Obama, after the Malaysian airplane. didn't go full-on Reagan sword rattling/deny Russians landing rights/deploy advanced missiles to Europe like after KAL007 irritated me and still irritates me. When Putin murdered a planeload of foreign nationals and arrogantly skated - that was not a great moment. I also personally believe anyone that says anything good about Putin, his government, or his activities should be lit on fire while alive so I admit my bias.
The west's entire non-reaction to the Malaysia shootdown and the invasion of Crimea is why Ukraine is fighting this war now. We screwed up, bad.

At least the lesson seems to have been learned.

The west's entire non-reaction to the Malaysia shootdown and the invasion of Crimea is why Ukraine is fighting this war now. We screwed up, bad.

At least the lesson seems to have been learned.
I always thought it was from Trump book licking Putin.

Russia shooting another countries airline isn't our war to fight and more than Reagan when the Russian's shot down KAL007.

180717133009-03-trump-putin-summit-0716-opinion.jpg

Last edited:

That was certainly peculiar. I remember when the Russians shot down KAL that was YOOJ. But it seems like Malaysia came and went over the span of a week.

I think we even 'rattled sabers' harder when WE shot down Iran Air.

That was certainly peculiar. I remember when the Russians shot down KAL that was YOOJ. But it seems like Malaysia came and went over the span of a week.

I think we even 'rattled sabers' harder when WE shot down Iran Air.

Tbf the KAL was a deliberate shoot down of a visually confirmed airliner whereas Malaysian was almost certainly a case of mistaken identity.

Tbf the KAL was a deliberate shoot down of a visually confirmed airliner whereas Malaysian was almost certainly a case of mistaken identity.
I think one can assume they thought it was a EC-135. An EC-135 was lingering on the edge of the Russian airspace. It happened at night from below, both are 4 engine Boeing products.

I think one can assume they thought it was a EC-135. An EC-135 was lingering on the edge of the Russian airspace. It happened at night from below, both are 4 engine Boeing products.

I can’t comment on that but I think the intercepted radio call between two commanders when they realize it was a civilian jet sounded like pretty genuine horror and shock at what they’d just done.

I can’t comment on that but I think the intercepted radio call between two commanders when they realize it was a civilian jet sounded like pretty genuine horror and shock at what they’d just done.

Similar with videos of MH17 when troops arrive on scene of the impact, and immediately find everything consistent with a civilian airliner and make shocked phone calls to higher ups of what kind of mistake they have discovered to have been made. With the commanders on the other end of the line dumbfounded that an airliner was in the area at all.

Also that was NOT the first time the soviets had shot down a Korean Air Lines Boeing 🤦‍♂️

315949A9-2721-47F5-8190-B63338913AC8.jpeg

1693017561684.jpeg

Vivek says (with lots of words, very rapidly) that we need to end this war though.

Nikki Haley had a pretty good sound bite about her Russian counterpart mysteriously dying while she was at the UN, yet she was still booed for it.

Nikki Haley had a pretty good sound bite about her Russian counterpart mysteriously dying while she was at the UN, yet she was still booed for it.

She’d thump Biden in the general, but there’s no chance she’d get close to the nomination.

Back