Yeti Airlines crash ATR 72

Looked like a stall. Whether caused by an engine failure or human error remains to be seen. If human error is at fault, and pilots keep making these mistakes, the general public will eventually be ok with planes being controlled from the ground.
Yeah. All humans fault. Wonder how many crashes are avoided from humans stopping the automation we currently have? But hey, that doesn’t fit this agenda!

Yeah. All humans fault. Wonder how many crashes are avoided from humans stopping the automation we currently have? But hey, that doesn’t fit this agenda!
I think we shouldn’t be looking at the past as a measure of whether or not it can be done but rather the technology that’s being deployed now and in the future. Specifically in the military sector with all their new drones. Some of that data is most likely going to be used as justification for adoption.

You mean humans are needed to oversee 1980s technology? I’m shocked!
that’s not the point the OP made though. He said if this crash is pilot error and more pilot error crashes just lead the public to wanting drone airplanes. Which is a • argument that is just diminishing the value of the two up front on a weekly or daily basis with these aircraft.

Now changing topic to military level drone automation. All over the place. Nevertheless poor tone too, imo. But it is the internet, so his opinion is right!

Some of you are weirdly obsessive to prove this point.

that’s not the point the OP made though. He said if this crash is pilot error and more pilot error crashes just lead the public to wanting drone airplanes. Which is a • argument that is just diminishing the value of the two up front on a weekly or daily basis with these aircraft.

Now changing topic to military level drone automation. All over the place. Nevertheless poor tone too, imo. But it is the internet, so his opinion is right!

Some of you are weirdly obsessive to prove this point.

I'm going to say that its about quality of training. This stuff just doesn't seem to be happening as often here in the states. But seems to happen a lot in the third world.

This is a little F’ed to watch. They should probably remove this from FB.
Why? I can give you a link that shows people dying in very horrific ways either by accident or by someone else's hands. I don't look at it but if someone else's wants to see it it's not my place to stop them. Do you want to get dirty?

Last edited:
Apparently "aviation expert" Prof Ron Bartsch, thinks 2,600 feet is high altitude. *facepalm*
Pokhara is about the same elevation as Boise ID

Just read an article on Reuters that the FO's husband was also a Yeti pilot who died in an Otter crash in 2016. She had used the insurance money from his death for her entire pilot training.

Back