Yeti Airlines crash ATR 72

Pictures look terrible :(

DailyMail has a 10 second video that seems to show an ATR 72 banking hard and going nearly/at 90 degree left wing down.

Video:

Damn, that video is scary as hell. Looks like they ended up in just about the only spot where they wouldn't demolish multi-story residential buildings. Intentional or not, I guess that's the best any of us could ask to happen if everyone's gonna bite the farm anyway. RIP...

thumb.php

I really hope that accident isn't what it looks like on the surface, because it looks to me like a simple stall spin when the gear came down.

That deck angle looks more like an Airbus than an ATR, and captain obvious says the ATR doesn't have leading edge devices.

Last edited:
I really hope that accident isn't what it looks like on the surface, because it looks to me like a simple stall spin when the gear came down.

Looks to me like the legs were out, and as the roll angle increases, the left one just became more visible

Well, I will. Amazing that the video stays on as flames rage around it.

Any idea if that video has been verified at authentic? With how many fake videos come out after these types of accidents, I’m skeptical.

If authentic, it’s awful that it’s out there for the families (and others) to see, and it is crazy that the video stayed on amidst the flames around it.

Any idea if that video has been verified at authentic? With how many fake videos come out after these types of accidents, I’m skeptical.

If authentic, it’s awful that it’s out there for the families (and others) to see, and it is crazy that the video stayed on amidst the flames around it.

It’s posted by numerous news organizations. I got the link from a legit Indian newspaper. I suspect it’s authentic.

I think everyone needs to just accept that video is everywhere all the time now. Your demise and the demise of your loved ones is almost certainly gonna be recorded by someone unless you die quietly in your sleep or in a hospital bed.

Looked like a stall. Whether caused by an engine failure or human error remains to be seen. If human error is at fault, and pilots keep making these mistakes, the general public will eventually be ok with planes being controlled from the ground.

Looked like a stall. Whether caused by an engine failure or human error remains to be seen. If human error is at fault, and pilots keep making these mistakes, the general public will eventually be ok with planes being controlled from the ground.

I mean, an ape controlling a plane from the ground is just as error prone, if not more so, than an ape in the pointy end.

Apes are the problem, not where they sit. You’ll never eliminate human error until you eliminate the human.

Ooph, at least it was quick?
Reminds me of the Taiwanese ATR accident.

Remember the US Bangla Q400? CA absolutely lost his marbles because some female FO spread rumors about him. He was in tears during then accident flight. That was a bad crash, but there were some survivors.

It could be, but the wx outside in the video is at least broken with limited vis and it was very sunny and clear where the accident happened...

Back