SJI Displacements Cancelled

You're not wrong, as Tuesdays and Wednesdays still fairly suck, but not by as much of a margin as a few months ago. I think business travel has been overcome as the biggest turd in the punch bowl by international travel. I think things domestically are way ahead of where we thought they would be at this point, and I can't help but think that the ceiling on the busy days of the week (about 1.6M) is driven by current capacity limits. It will be interesting to see if there is an all over bump when SJI opens middle seats this weekend.
Well according to what I've read we will see dramatic increases in booking this weekend without it. But I do agree, seems like for the rest of this year and even next there won't be anywhere near the seats available as we had in 2019. May take a very long time to see that again, honestly.

I thought non revving would be easier again with middle seat open, LOL. I look 2 weeks out on Vegas flights and single digit seats available. WTF.

Well according to what I've read we will see dramatic increases in booking this weekend without it. But I do agree, seems like for the rest of this year and even next there won't be anywhere near the seats available as we had in 2019. May take a very long time to see that again, honestly.

I thought non revving would be easier again with middle seat open, LOL. I look 2 weeks out on Vegas flights and single digit seats available. WTF.
Vegas is becoming a tough commute. I haven’t made it on my last two commute attempts on Spirit. Every seat was taken. Similar loads on Alaska and Southwest.

Excellent news. So pretty much everyone is hiring second half of this year.

While that’s great news, I can’t help but look at TSA numbers and see we’re still stuck in the 50-60% range. The bulk difference being almost no business travel. We need the country open back 100% in all 50 states, and even then, who knows how much business travel comes back with the new normal going forward?

Alaska isn’t hiring, and likely won’t be for a long time.

Alaska isn’t hiring, and likely won’t be for a long time.
Too much cross training going on right now, no need to hire while that’s happening.

JL did say on the latest pilot call that hiring could happen late 2021/early 2022, but I would be floored if it’s a big number. I doubt it even happens at all.

Too much cross training going on right now, no need to hire while that’s happening.

JL did say on the latest pilot call that hiring could happen late 2021/early 2022, but I would be floored if it’s a big number. I doubt it even happens at all.

Well they were saying 2023 before, soooo...I guess that’s betterish? Like you though I’ll still be surprised.

Delta sent an email last week to those of us with CJOs asking that a questionnaire be filled out indicating whether you were still interested in a class date. Yesterday, I officially pulled myself out of the pool. Last summer, I was fortunate enough to get on with a 3 plane, Fortune 150 company based at my home airport. I have been on the private side since leaving Pinnacle in 2011 and this is where I want to stay. Guess I'll know in 26 years whether this was the right decision for my career, but it was definitely what was right for my family at this time. 95% week day, day trips is giving me more time at home with my kids than I ever thought I would get as a pilot. No way was I voluntarily giving that up for the schedule of a 121 commuter.

Good luck to all of you on the 121 side. It's great to see the passenger count ticking up and the hiring wave begin.

Lots of early outs, already scheduled retirements, and a plan to be back to full strength by next summer =big hiring.
Even with 1000 new hires we aren't at 2019 level. I believe that target was supposed to be achieved in 2023 assuming this trajectory of travel holds. DL is breaking records on green slips since November so can't say this is a big shock.

Even with 1000 new hires we aren't at 2019 level. I believe that target was supposed to be achieved in 2023 assuming this trajectory of travel holds. DL is breaking records on green slips since November so can't say this is a big shock.
Wasn’t speaking specifically to delta, but globally as an industry/majors.

This is not something to be excited about if you like doing • other than flying airplanes, to be clear. Just saying.

Back