Bitcoin/Ethereum/Litecoin

I wish I was smart enough to figure out mining. I have 12 computers in the office that sit idle for about 80% of the year. It would be nice to put their minimal processing power to work.

I got out at $2200. I purchased some Stellar Lumens....at .11 :)

Gonna ride that for a while. 3-6 months target is $5-10

Perfect time to bail today. Since June my money has grown 6x.
So did you?

Would love to try mineing, but the antminer 9.0 is in such demand, the $1500 device is selling for 6K, *IF* you can find one. From what I can tell, at the current price, yeilds about $800 to $900/ month -1000kwh of juice. I can see how they might get addictive. If bitcoin crashes, you are left with expensive and ineffective anchors.

So what are we REALLY calculating with all that computing power aimed at bitcoin mining? Is it a ruse to help NASA with FTL travel equations or cold fusion or cure cancer? Or are we literally spending imaginary money to compute imaginary numbers to get ourselves more imaginary money?

So what are we REALLY calculating with all that computing power aimed at bitcoin mining? Is it a ruse to help NASA with FTL travel equations or cold fusion or cure cancer? Or are we literally spending imaginary money to compute imaginary numbers to get ourselves more imaginary money?
In a nutshell, imaginary money. However, it can be converted to real money. I was just talking with a friend who bought 6 coins when they were $300 a piece. He is wondering pop them now, or will they go to a million?

To set up the powersupply properly, it has to be connected to 220 volts. And, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner apparently. Run a 220 line out to the shed? :)

I wish I was smart enough to figure out mining. I have 12 computers in the office that sit idle for about 80% of the year. It would be nice to put their minimal processing power to work.

From my little bit of research on the web, the only feaseable way is with dedicated machines. The hash rate is simply WAY to slow even with a top end machine. You need an ASIC based machine. Application specific chips. 190 of them.

I actually see some value in the startups trying to do what these guys are. Which one will win out of the hundreds is the question.
Do some research on Jed McCaleb. (if you don’t know who he is). He’s the reason my money is on ripple and not Stellar

So did you?

Would love to try mineing, but the antminer 9.0 is in such demand, the $1500 device is selling for 6K, *IF* you can find one. From what I can tell, at the current price, yeilds about $800 to $900/ month -1000kwh of juice. I can see how they might get addictive. If bitcoin crashes, you are left with expensive and ineffective anchors.
Yeah, I sold it before coinbase closed down for the day.

Back