A guy I know got a job there this past winter. Had nothing bad to say. A lot of strength in the pilot pool.

Training is a plus. Ask for pay while in training (just something to eat on). Be prepared to relax and vacation up a month or more as they do have some instructors or some aircraft for training. Chief pilot is trying to pull things together. Aircraft are used (If you expect to fly brand new aircraft this may not be for you). Bunch of working old sleds.

He stuck it in and is still wet there but looking to jump as soon as he has other potatoes. He's ready to upgrade early. I don't know, BJS maybe or has difficulty getting along with others.

and what about jump seats with the liners for the two weeks off? Can the pilots get back down to the lower 48's? Are they still hiring?

Last edited:
and what about jump seats with the liners for the two weeks off? Can the pilots get back down to the lower 48's? Are they still hiring?

Grant provides revenue tickets to and from work for commuters as they are not in CASS so jump seat is not a option.

Are you speculating or do you know that for a fact? I'd think that buying round trip tickets to places like Chicago or Miami could get mighty expensive.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. Yes they are providing tickets to your home state airport.

Used to live in eagle river, now I live in the lower 48 on the east coast. Y'all recently hired a friend of mine flying 208s. He said that the schedule could be flexible to 30 on 30 off, and positive spaced to and from work. If that is true, what are the chances of getting the king air. 2800 tt, 1000 me turbine
Thanks.

Do you need separate submissions for the 208 and the 207? I just did the 208 this morning and I think I have one submitted to the 207 from June but I can update it if need be.

Out of the pot and into the fire. Didn't Grant just loose their Chief Pilot?
The lady with an accent? (EDIT: I stand corrected, previous statement removed) He's a low timer, dreamy eyed kind of guy that had already decided to take the job if offered before the interview. After the interview he no longer is interested. As a former Grant pilot myself I admit that I came in during turbulent times. When you compare operations to the hangar next door in Bethel its a wonder people still get on board the airplanes. The nice young lady they actually sent to training to become a licensed dispatcher left as soon as her commitment was complete. Granted (hey-oh!) its been a few years since I was up there but theres a core group of pilots that do their jobs and do them quite well. The others want to do their jobs but its the people in between that really slow things down. I guess if you're looking to get your foot in the door of AK aviation and Grant hires you go so its easier to get your resume out to other operators. But as far as a place to stay-I don't see it.

And I've never understood what the "Made In AK" motto means. All AK operators are made in AK. You can't very well start an AK operation in Oregon and fly from there to Chevak or wherever.
All that being said I can only speak of the Bethel ops. When I would fill in doing ANC to Kenai that was an on time, well oiled operation. Bethel, it always seemed to me, is where dreams went to die and the only reason most of the pilots stayed long term was because they had multiple babies around town or like to drink R&R for dinner.

Last edited:
The lady with an accent? (EDIT: I stand corrected, previous statement removed) He's a low timer, dreamy eyed kind of guy that had already decided to take the job if offered before the interview. After the interview he no longer is interested. As a former Grant pilot myself I admit that I came in during turbulent times. When you compare operations to the hangar next door in Bethel its a wonder people still get on board the airplanes. The nice young lady they actually sent to training to become a licensed dispatcher left as soon as her commitment was complete. Granted (hey-oh!) its been a few years since I was up there but theres a core group of pilots that do their jobs and do them quite well. The others want to do their jobs but its the people in between that really slow things down. I guess if you're looking to get your foot in the door of AK aviation and Grant hires you go so its easier to get your resume out to other operators. But as far as a place to stay-I don't see it.

And I've never understood what the "Made In AK" motto means. All AK operators are made in AK. You can't very well start an AK operation in Oregon and fly from there to Chevak or wherever.
All that being said I can only speak of the Bethel ops. When I would fill in doing ANC to Kenai that was an on time, well oiled operation. Bethel, it always seemed to me, is where dreams went to die and the only reason most of the pilots stayed long term was because they had multiple babies around town or like to drink R&R for dinner.

Yeah, Ulla Rasmussen was the Chief Pilot when I was there. Are you saying they have had another in the past 6 months? The guy before her was still flying for the company and was a real tool. Very angry guy. Not sure of the history.

Back