Grant Aviation

Hi everyone,

Grant is looking for pilots up in Alaska. I work here part-time, it's a cool place with cool people. We have a January 8th groundschool we're looking to fill and we need some people. I figured I'd pass it on.

At a minimum we need 135.243(b) minimums (500TT, 100XC, 25 Night XC) for an entry level hire, but ideally someone with a little more would be great. The job is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off in Bush Alaska in the Airvan or the 207 to start, chances are you'll end up in Bethel or Emmonak out of the gate, but we've sent new-hires directly to Dillingham and King Salmon as well. You can live wherever you want in the country, we buy plane tickets back and forth for all our pilots. Progression into the caravan is running about 6 months to a year depending on your flight time when you show up.

Like I said, it's a cool place, with cool people - we have our issues (search APC if you dare), but we're genuinely working to address them. If you're starting out, it's a great way to make decent money and have an awesome lifestyle while building PIC time. I genuinely love this place - it's a really cool company with a great pilot group. We have new upper management in the last few months and we're just getting started in "growth mode." If you have any questions let me know.

You can submit your resume at www.flygrant.com, or you can PM me and I'll get you the chief pilot's phone number.

-Pat

What is the pay? How are they on Safety? Do they fix the problem or just put it off?
Left in the middle of last year, so things may have changed. Pay is between. $200-$240/day + $5-10/flt hr depending on aircraft flown; this includes the $94 per diem, and the day rate is paid even on wx days when you don't fly.

Safety is mostly dictated by the pilot. The weather is frequently at/near minimums during certain times of the year, and I never got any grief for turning down flights due to wx or other conditions. The only time I saw it become an issue is when pilots abused this and regularly turned down flights that were legal, and apparently safe enough that every other pilot was flying. Some people just didn't want to work/fly, and some were skittish around wind/low vis/short gravel strips.

If by fix the problem, you mean the physical aircraft, then yes, if it's broken, write it up and it will be fixed. Simple as that. These aircraft have been worked hard during their tenure in Western AK, so there will be MX things that come up regularly-ish, but never saw anything major that affected safety.

If you mean policies - they didn't really have any big issues when I was there; sometimes it was slow to get trained up initially, but that is just the side effect of having few instructors due to people getting their time and moving on quickly.

It's hard work, long days, and you live in a house with 7 other people for 15 days, but if you are okay with all that, it's totally worth it - made good money, worked with some great people, and built time quickly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How does the transport from the lower 48 work? Do travel days count towards your time on/off or are they a wash?

Is there a minimum number of rotations to complete? Training commitment?

Seems like something one could do for quite awhile.....

How does the transport from the lower 48 work? Do travel days count towards your time on/off or are they a wash?

Is there a minimum number of rotations to complete? Training commitment?

Seems like something one could do for quite awhile.....

They fly you up on the last day of your day off. You fly back home on your last day of shift. This usually isn't an issue unless you live in the Philippines or S Florida or Jackson Hole. No training commitment.

Nothing past the canned message that the app was submitted. Guess I'm not moving to the next phase of the selection process.

When I applied, and when everyone I know who applied, we also heard nothing. Best bet is to call and speak with the chief pilot.

Even better, show up in person and talk to him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I applied there a few times over the years and never heard anything, I even have Alaska time and stopped by their ANC office. I think people just fall through the cracks sometimes. All 135s up here are limited by their staff size.

So you're saying I got a chance.......sent a follow-up email to the HR account. I'll give that a couple of days and then give them a call.
When I applied, and when everyone I know who applied, we also heard nothing. Best bet is to call and speak with the chief pilot.

Even better, show up in person and talk to him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Grant is looking for pilots up in Alaska. I work here part-time, it's a cool place with cool people. We have a January 8th groundschool we're looking to fill and we need some people. I figured I'd pass it on.

At a minimum we need 135.243(b) minimums (500TT, 100XC, 25 Night XC) for an entry level hire, but ideally someone with a little more would be great. The job is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off in Bush Alaska in the Airvan or the 207 to start, chances are you'll end up in Bethel or Emmonak out of the gate, but we've sent new-hires directly to Dillingham and King Salmon as well. You can live wherever you want in the country, we buy plane tickets back and forth for all our pilots. Progression into the caravan is running about 6 months to a year depending on your flight time when you show up.

Like I said, it's a cool place, with cool people - we have our issues (search APC if you dare), but we're genuinely working to address them. If you're starting out, it's a great way to make decent money and have an awesome lifestyle while building PIC time. I genuinely love this place - it's a really cool company with a great pilot group. We have new upper management in the last few months and we're just getting started in "growth mode." If you have any questions let me know.

You can submit your resume at www.flygrant.com, or you can PM me and I'll get you the chief pilot's phone number.

-Pat
No age requirement, right? I’m 43 and starting tk dream about my early retirement job!

Back