Grant Aviation

Les had to be over 70 when he retired...
I was working up in Emo on his last day! Blew my mind when I first met him crawling out of a 207 at that age. Kudos to him, no way in hell I could keep up that kind of work for another 40+ years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not so long as you hold a medical!
Sweet, my Caribbean dreams got dashed the other day when I asked one of the operators down there. They give ya the boot at 65. :(
New retirement dream...So where’s the best place to park a sailboat in Alaska??

Anyone know if these guys are still hiring with the Corona virus going on? Seems like it would be right up my alley.
I’ve heard from friends that they are. With Ravn shutting down your chances aren’t good, unless you have significant AK 135 sled and/or Caravan time.

I’ve heard from friends that they are. With Ravn shutting down your chances aren’t good, unless you have significant AK 135 sled and/or Caravan time.
Unfortunately I have neither. I do have some turbine time but I'd be applying to the 207 position. Hopefully things get better in the future and my chances will improve!

Unfortunately I have neither. I do have some turbine time but I'd be applying to the 207 position. Hopefully things get better in the future and my chances will improve!
Keep trying, it'll turn around eventually, and if Ravn doesn’t come back the other operators will be hiring a TON to pick up the slack once pax travel is back up.

Definitely NOT hiring. They had a scheduled class that they delayed and then canceled last week, and had people who were lined up to come back that left on good terms previously that had the rug pulled out on them after Grant offered a job and retracted it.

With Ravn and Pennair shut down, Grant offered many of the local lifers jobs, which displaced people who quit their jobs and were set up to work at Grant BEFORE the virus hit.

If you're not buddy buddy with the new chief pilot from his Pennair days, good luck.

Definitely NOT hiring. They had a scheduled class that they delayed and then canceled last week, and had people who were lined up to come back that left on good terms previously that had the rug pulled out on them after Grant offered a job and retracted it.

With Ravn and Pennair shut down, Grant offered many of the local lifers jobs, which displaced people who quit their jobs and were set up to work at Grant BEFORE the virus hit.

If you're not buddy buddy with the new chief pilot from his Pennair days, good luck.

Chris is a good dude. But if you're not local it's very unlikely you'll be able to get to work. AS/DL/UA are down to 1 flight each and I don't think anyone but AS is doing 7 days a week. The freight carriers are having trouble getting guys to work up here and with one of them it's a paid ticket, still can't reliably get here. Almost company aircraft only. I wouldn't hire you if you didn't live in Alaska.

It's one thing to not hire someone if they don't live in Alaska. It's another thing to offer people jobs, then once they leave their employer, retract the offer and give it to people who weren't interested in Grant until they were out of work.

Also, getting to work isn't the problem, everyone I know who was set up to work there, was willing to work with quarantining in Anchorage. Some people even paid out of pocket to travel there, self-quarantine, and THEN had their offer retracted.

Chris is a good dude. . . .
It’s been a little while since I was flying in the Y-K Delta: can you catch me up a little? Did JR leave Hageland and go to Grant? Did he retire from Grant, or maybe go to a different operation?

Is Jack Barber still operating? Man, that guy is a true raconteur!

It’s been a little while since I was flying in the Y-K Delta: can you catch me up a little? Did JR leave Hageland and go to Grant? Did he retire from Grant, or maybe go to a different operation?

Is Jack Barber still operating? Man, that guy is a true raconteur!

JR retired from haggy, went to Grant, left there and seems to be flying in town. As far as I know Jack is still operating.

Back