Latest Delta Rumors

"If 9/11 hadn't happened, and Delta had never filed bankruptcy, would SWA rate be higher, or would Delta have continued to build on C2K rates?"

I can't believe you said that. ..

You brought up the fact that SWA rates are higher than UAL or DAL. I wonder what their rate would be today if they had filed for BK as well. So yes, it is germane to address whether 9/11 happened or not. UAL and DAL rates were reset during BK. 9/11 was the final straw that pushed them over the edge. SWA got the top rates simply because everyone else took pay cuts.

Shows what I know. We just announced we are interviewing starting October for 200 pilot to cover 117 rules, increased vacations, and attrition.

Y'alls scheduling is about to get messed up. :)

(ours too actually, although the company still doesn't seem to think so)

HAHAHAHA!!!!!
"No, I'm special! I want to sit on my widening ass and have the best airlines send me offers like George Clooney gets scripts! This is so unfair! I got trophies in soccer just for showing up!" ;)
Seriously, you need to write a book just on witty remarks!

Shows what I know. We just announced we are interviewing starting October for 200 pilot to cover 117 rules, increased vacations, and attrition.
But what does the upgrade window look like for these new hires? SWA buddy of mine, (yes, a hired not acquired, his words!) said he was looking at an 18-20 year upgrade. Was he BSing or is it that bad of an upgrade time?

But what does the upgrade window look like for these new hires? SWA buddy of mine, (yes, a hired not acquired, his words!) said he was looking at an 18-20 year upgrade. Was he BSing or is it that bad of an upgrade time?
Younger pilot group. I'd say he's pretty spot on depending on when he was hired.

Right now it's less than 10 years, due to AirTran acquisition, that changes in 2015. My guess is if hired now 18-20 years could be right with zero growth. Who knows we might buy or merge with another airline and it be 25 years. We might figure out how to fly across the borders and it stay at 10 years. Right now my pay and quality of life are great so a long upgrade isn't the worst thing that could happen.

Right now it's less than 10 years, due to AirTran acquisition, that changes in 2015. My guess is if hired now 18-20 years could be right with zero growth. Who knows we might buy or merge with another airline and it be 25 years. We might figure out how to fly across the borders and it stay at 10 years. Right now my pay and quality of life are great so a long upgrade isn't the worst thing that could happen.

In 2007 upgrades were running 24 months here.

Too bad after 14 months I was furloughed.

If things continue to move at the rate they've been moving for another 12 months, I should be awarded (but will not be in training for) upgrade just about 7 years after I was hired.

Past performance does not estimate future returns.

jtrain609 said:

If things continue to move at the rate they've been moving for another 12 months, I should be awarded (but will not be in training for) upgrade just about 7 years after I was hired.

image-3629514089.jpg

Y'alls scheduling is about to get messed up. :)

(ours too actually, although the company still doesn't seem to think so)
The folks in the red brick buildings will likely kick in to the fact that this is real and it's going to be a big deal long about November, I'd say.

This, times a million - and why I don't bother to figure out what upgrade times will be. I merely look at the most junior captain, compare it with my seniority, then act accordingly.

Kinda tough to call us upgrade fishers when we have all been sitting around for almost seven years.

Perhaps I should have gone to HoeJets when I was furloughed.

To my fellow Blue on here don't let the bull you read on bluepilots and Facebook(really you believe that crap?) determine how your vote will go down. Most of those guys are idiots and I would not let them lead me down a dark road at night. I'm on the O.C. for the current ALPA drive. Legal/Medical/Safety are three points that should make it worth your while to vote in a CBA. Who's got your back now if you bend metal/get sick/violate a rule? Remember, ALPA is resources available to you. Your MEC that you vote in is what makes your union. Think more CBA and less evil ALPA.
Sorry for the thread re-drift.

Back