July 17 Republic Q400 class

The Q400 is a piece of crap, pure and simple.
It shouldn't have been. If they had given up on the common type, at let it run as its own machine, it could have been great... Instead it was a box with tons of technology that wasn't integrated well at all, operated by the lowest bidders ( and still is)

It shouldn't have been. If they had given up on the common type, at let it run as its own machine, it could have been great... Instead it was a box with tons of technology that wasn't integrated well at all, operated by the lowest bidders ( and still is)

Yep.

It COULD have been an awesome platform, but you know the saying, could've, should've, would've...

Yep.

It COULD have been an awesome platform, but you know the saying, could've, should've, would've...
Should've bought a Honda?

Honestly, I don't think bombardier has pilot/engineers on the design staff. I mean Catiii? Who thought that was important in a dash8? If that design capital was put into an effective yaw damper/3axis autopilot!

Also if they did away from the "supplemental" $30,000 sheet of paper to remove a limitation.

Wow you guys sure know how to build confidence for somebody (sarcasm). For a guy going from a no autopilot instructor job, I am still sure I will be blown away by the amount of automation and ease of flying!

I can imagine V1 cuts are a joy in that thing.

Yeah, training is challenging Mark so stay focused but its not anything that can't be handled. Take it serious and you'll be fine.

I can imagine V1 cuts are a joy in that thing.

Yeah, training is challenging Mark so stay focused but its not anything that can't be handled. Take it serious and you'll be fine.

It's got a huge tail which is hydraulically powered.. V1 cuts are pretty easy.

When you want to move the tail, it does easily... The problem is when you don't want it to move.

Mark Z said:
Is there any reason for my to take my laptop computer or my headset for training? I will be taking my ipad.

I don't know if they do this but if they use flash drives for manuals and stuff for training you may be hosed

The only thing you need relating to flying is your certificate and medical, because your going to be typed.
Headset, knee board, flashlight, not needed.
Maybe a flashlight. We are required to have one, and some FAA inspectors don't count the ones installed in the airplane.

Bring an open mind. The dude who may appear to be a Dbag, maybe the one to leach to for info. Or they may just be a Dbag.
Get a class roster with contact info on day one, not sure if your instructors are that proactive,
Have beer/pizza study sessions at night.
Get to know your classmates.

Mark Z, a few folks on here have talked about having a beer or two while you study or you are in a group. Please don't feel compelled to HAVE to drink with the group. I can have adult beverages with the best of them, but I don't nightly while in training or on a trip.

When the ground school instructor calls and says that strutting around the hotel pool naked isn't a good idea, you may have taken things too far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back