July 17 Republic Q400 class

So... Um... Anybody in the class I was asking about?

The way I see ground cool is that an instructor gives you an overview of what you need to know, and then you study at night teaching yourself the details! Don't rely on the instructor to do everything for you.

Reactions: Jet
Having a non pilot teach systems isn't a bad thing always. A maintenance minded guy would have a more indepth understanding of the airplane anyways. Regardless of who it is, the need to know what the heck they're talking about.

The way I see ground cool is that an instructor gives you an overview of what you need to know, and then you study at night teaching yourself the details! Don't rely on the instructor to do everything for you.
First time huh??
You have no clue what you're in for and a sub-par instructor can lead to you not knowing the systems and failing training.

This isn't reading the Seminole POH and thinking you got it covered.

121 training is no joke. I had a good instructor and still struggled at times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

First time huh??
You have no clue what you're in for and a sub-par instructor can lead to you not knowing the systems and failing training.

This isn't reading the Seminole POH and thinking you got it covered.

121 training is no joke. I had a good instructor and still struggled at times.

I am sure the guys at FSI will be better than some of the jokers I have dealt with before.

I am not one to bad mouth anybody's teaching skills, or backgrounds. I know it won't be easy. Just saying that, studying with your peers and in the evenings should help supplement any shortcomings of an instructor.

I am sure the guys at FSI will be better than some of the jokers I have dealt with before.

I am not one to bad mouth anybody's teaching skills, or backgrounds. I know it won't be easy. Just saying that, studying with your peers and in the evenings should help supplement any shortcomings of an instructor.
When they're not drinking with or banging the FA class or strutting naked around the hotel pool.

Allegedly of course.

desertdog71 said:
When they're not drinking with or banging the FA class or strutting naked around the hotel pool.

Allegedly of course.

I want to party with you!!!

Not much to do in Manassas Virginia

Thats my hometown and you're correct. Not much to do there unless you like the Civil War. We spent a lot of time doing things in DC and Alexandria.

That's a good attitude to have. We had a non-pilot teaching indoc and a mechanic teaching systems at FSI. I learned a lot from both though they had their flaws. I think the systems guy was an incredible teacher, Dave Monroe at FSI STL but at times went a bit too in depth. The indoc guy had great, relatable and relevant stories but didn't really know as much as he should've about S5.
I'm on the 170 with S5 btw, in case you have questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I am headed to training in two more weeks... I could use some help from folks who have been through this already....

What supplies should I purchase to take with me? Should I buy some notebooks, folders, pens, etc... What do I need to have with me in order to stay organized and moving forward?

Thanks in advance!

So I am headed to training in two more weeks... I could use some help from folks who have been through this already....

What supplies should I purchase to take with me? Should I buy some notebooks, folders, pens, etc... What do I need to have with me in order to stay organized and moving forward?

Thanks in advance!
FSI provides everything you need.

FSI teaches on the "need to know" philosophy. As in, stuff that's pointless to know ( how many fasteners in the door skin etc) get omitted.

Rest well each night, and expect the nuances of the beast on the line. (Ie rudder trim, p factor, airspeed indicators and the barber pole in the descent). All of those will burn you

Trim the damn rudder. Every time you change something, trim it. Pitch up? Trim. Ad power? Trim. Slow down? Trim.

Keep your feet off the floor

Thanks in advance!

Don't forget something to put all your notes in!

lisa-frank-2.jpg

Also little unknown secret, wear your suit the first day.

Seriously though just bring a flight bag with with a five subject notebook, and whatever other goodies you like to use.

Back