New Captain bid out at American Eagle

I'm just ahead of Stan on the seniority list and I think I'll be about 40 to 50 away after this bid closes. There is a lot of variables with the no backfills and the displacement of the CRJs. But sometimes in the past they will actually not use the backfill numbers exactly. We will see.

I'm just ahead of Stan on the seniority list and I think I'll be about 40 to 50 away after this bid closes. There is a lot of variables with the no backfills and the displacement of the CRJs. But sometimes in the past they will actually not use the backfill numbers exactly. We will see.

Time will tell. Given the dynamics going on with AA, things could accelerate if current conditions mostly hold. This could also all go to crap in an instant, but hey, why think about that? :D

what are the upgrade requirements at Eagle besides ATP mins? 2500 or 3500 hrs TT? cant remember...

Seems like there is going to be a big problem when they get to all those 250hr guys they hired a couple years ago in 08 I think.. no ATP mins (XC- PIC)

what are the upgrade requirements at Eagle besides ATP mins? 2500 or 3500 hrs TT? cant remember...

Seems like there is going to be a big problem when they get to all those 250hr guys they hired a couple years ago in 08 I think.. no ATP mins (XC- PIC)

I want to say it's 3000 TT...I'd have to look.

I had to turn my books in when I went on Long term leave. I guess I can always download it off of jetnet.

I had to turn my books in when I went on Long term leave. I guess I can always download it off of jetnet.

Derp. I forgot that you were out on leave. That was more of less a cheeky disclaimer statement anyhow. My bad. :)

I did look up those numbers, though. I believe there is no "multi-turbine" requirement, but your question made me want to double check.

Cool. I did download FM-1 from jetnet and read it. It looks like when I come back I will be eligible for CA with my projected times. The big question is do I bid CA right out of the gates (when I return in 2013) after being gone for 6 years or do I sit in an FO seat for a year to get my head back into the 121 world? My plan was always to come back to the FO seat but that was before all this movement and speculation started to happen. Either way, this is a good dilemma to have. :)

Cool. I did download FM-1 from jetnet and read it. It looks like when I come back I will be eligible for CA with my projected times. The big question is do I bid CA right out of the gates (when I return in 2013) after being gone for 6 years or do I sit in an FO seat for a year to get my head back into the 121 world? My plan was always to come back to the FO seat but that was before all this movement and speculation started to happen. Either way, this is a good dilemma to have. :)

You're going through recurrent ground and long term training no matter what you bid into. Might as well yank the CA slot.

Er.. wait.. you're senior to me.. .OF COURSE you want to sit in the right seat for a while... ;)

This should serve as proof not to chase the upgrade, or turn down a place because of a long one. When I got hired in 2007 it was a 10 year upgrade and they were having to literally pay people to show up to new hire class.

This should serve as proof not to chase the upgrade, or turn down a place because of a long one. When I got hired in 2007 it was a 10 year upgrade and they were having to literally pay people to show up to new hire class.
agreed but how were they literally paying people to show up? I knew of the garranteed base and jet sims.

agreed but how were they literally paying people to show up? I knew of the garranteed base and jet sims.

I think they wanted to give a sign on bonus, but then you would have to give all pilots a pay raise.

Congrats Eagle guys!

Back