WN Hiring (Mar '23)

Anyone have leads on crashpads
I do not, but it could be worth checking out or asking in the crew forums. You have 2 majors, a regional, and a handful of 135s in the DFW area, there’s bound to be others with a spare room.

I do not, but it could be worth checking out or asking in the crew forums. You have 2 majors, a regional, and a handful of 135s in the DFW area, there’s bound to be others with a spare room.

And many people live in the DFW area because of the low cost of living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Internals - 16
Delta - 1
United - 1
FedEx - 1
Atlas - 1
Spirit - 3
Alaska - 1
SkyWest - 3
Endeavor - 2
Avelo - 1
Republic - 2
Mesa - 1
Envoy - 2
Piedmont - 2
Hillwood - 1
Martinaire - 1
Non dx external - 1

I would love to hear that story.

It looks like that person was a dispatcher at one point, but they were working in a support roll for dispatch/network operations for a third party. They’re also a “boomerang” and worked at SWA in a different capacity previously.

Internals - 16
Delta - 1
United - 1
FedEx - 1
Atlas - 1
Spirit - 3
Alaska - 1
SkyWest - 3
Endeavor - 2
Avelo - 1
Republic - 2
Mesa - 1
Envoy - 2
Piedmont - 2
Hillwood - 1
Martinaire - 1
Non dx external - 1
The one from Atlas changed their mind. Something about cost of living.

so if you want the best odds of getting on at southwest, either be internal or come from another airline that starts with s

Yeah makes you wonder if working the ramp for a year while or after getting your dx license is the fastest way to get a Southwest dx position.

i actually think it might be more competitive as an internal than an external, but i can’t say for sure. i do know a few internal employees that have tried every posting and not broken through yet. there seems to be a lot of swa employees that have their dx cert, so it’s definitely competitive

i thought about taking a job as a ramper a few years back, but chose to go regional -> ulcc -> now i’m starting in this next class. i would guess that i’d still be working the ramp if i had taken that job in 2021, and i’d have zero dx experience. personally i think going the regional/ulcc route would be faster and give you more options if you’re open to going to a different major

edit/ now if southwest dispatch is your one and only goal, a ramp job with them may get you there eventually, but you’d have to be patient and keep up your studies. you’d also have to be okay with closing the door on every other major, as it’s unlikely they would hire you with no dx experience

Last edited:
The internal route isn't limited to being a ramper. Back when I got my dispatch certificate I had a lady who worked in crew support in my class. She was hired as a dispatcher in the next DX class they had. It probably helps to work in the NOC around people you're hoping to work with versus working a hot ramp where nobody in the NOC knows you.

Back