WN Hiring (Mar '23)

It's up yall! Good luck! May the spatch gods be in your favor.

2023 WN is looking for 2 classes. This first class will be the largest and the second class may be a reduced capacity.

Last edited:
The job posting states that the pay rate is $3,544.17. Is that monthly? I thought WN dispatchers make more than that or is it because it is a Assist Dispatcher?

The job posting states that the pay rate is $3,544.17. Is that monthly? I thought WN dispatchers make more than that or is it because it is a Assist Dispatcher?

I think it may be per paycheck, but even that doesn't add up. These job postings are made by HR and they're frequently full of errors like this.

All-in assistant pay is $98,357 per year and will increase to $101,147 in June.

Just received an email to take the assessment. Anyone know how WN’s assessments are? How difficult would it be for someone who just graduated with no real world experience?

Just received an email to take the assessment. Anyone know how WN’s assessments are? How difficult would it be for someone who just graduated with no real world experience?

I'm not sure how theirs are but I'm sure it's weather, regulations, reading taf/metar, the basic dx stuff you learned. They will probably as scenario based questions to see what your thought process is (ie a flight in air is always the priority)

Congrats!

Congrats! Wondering the same here. I noticed it's on a WebEx meeting. Haven't seen that before.

It’s multiple choice basic DX questions. It’s on webex so they can monitor if you use other websites while doing the test. You don’t use cameras.

How'd it not auto deny you after selecting the option for having less than a year of dispatching experience? That's exactly what it did to me minutes after submitting my application.

yeah the computer will toss out people with no experience, and the ones who lie about experience get weeded out in the next few steps

like anything though, swiss cheese model. you could somehow end up making it through all the holes. either way, good luck everyone

Last edited:
I got the assessment with no dispatching experience, just a license. If I recall, it asked if you have a year or more of dispatching, or airport operations experience. I could be wrong on that, but answered all questions truthfully.

I have dispatch experience, just not 121 dispatch experience. I also have 4-5 years of ramp experience (2 of which was me training). I think Southwest mostly wants to see some airline background.

I have taken assessment and it is not very difficult. They typically want a year of 121 dispatch experience even if you pass the test. (If you don't pass you won't move on to the next portion anyways). I would assume if their applicant pool is limited they may excuse this requirement but I know a recruiter personally and they like seeing you apply multiple times, they keep a record of the last time you applied, what you scored, how the phone interview went and stuff like that.

If you get to the last portion of the interview if you are not selected you cannot apply for a certain period of time. Like 6 months or a year or similar.

It’s multiple choice basic DX questions. It’s on webex so they can monitor if you use other websites while doing the test. You don’t use cameras.
How do they ensure you are not using reference material during the webex portion of the interview?

Can anyone shed light on the hiring process..
So after application comes the
WebEx skill assessment
So what steps will follow if every thing goes well?

Back