"With you"

I like to hold the hand mike right next to the speaker while I'm checkin in with ya level at level three fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive oh smooth ride and clear skies, (long pause and loud sigh) might need to make a turn or two on down the road, ehhhhhhhhhh you have any ride reports up ahead?

I like to hold the hand mike right next to the speaker while I'm checkin in with ya level at level three fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive oh smooth ride and clear skies, (long pause and loud sigh) might need to make a turn or two on down the road, ehhhhhhhhhh you have any ride reports up ahead?

You must work for Southwest. You seem to be on a lot of their flights, too. You should ask for more days off.

Guess I should've been more specific from the beginning. My peanut-sized brain was thinking in terms of U.S. ATC. I can easily see how that would happen internationally. :eek:

I work in a US center. My low sectors are either 000-FL600 or 000-FL230. My high sectors generally start at FL240. There are a few approach controls that work some low airspace, but in close to half my airspace I would work you from the ground up. Plus, when the approach closes overnight, I own their airspace.

I work in a US center. My low sectors are either 000-FL600 or 000-FL230. My high sectors generally start at FL240. There are a few approach controls that work some low airspace, but in close to half my airspace I would work you from the ground up. Plus, when the approach closes overnight, I own their airspace.

Outstanding, thanks for that info.

Podunk traffic Cessna 123 "Taking The Active".

The way I teach my students:

Unless there's a BIG X or A lighted X, and a NOTAM. They're all active runways.

I respond in George Carlin fashion, "don't take it too far, I'm gonna need it in a little while!"

Either "wherever, Silverwings XXX two thousand, three hundred, climbing four thousand" or "center, Silverwings XXX flight level 240" or "wherever, Silverwings XXX five thousand, descending two thousand, whiskey"

That's it boys and girls!

Oh great, as a new pilot after reading this thread I will now be more conscious not to say "with you", as I say it constantly. whoops

It always amazes me how many posts "with you" generates. One of my favorite justifications is that it was a "warm and fuzzy" greeting like "good evening" or "hello." I always wanted to see that guy walk up to a huge bouncer at a club checking IDs and say "with you" as something warm and fuzzy.

I never use "with you." However, I don't see why there is so much gripe over it.
I was flying with a guy a couple weeks ago that would randomly say, "Giggity." Hell, I just laughed. I don't know if I was laughing in embarrassment or the responses the controllers gave.

To each their own.

I just did a 4 day trip of Comm. cross country flying...I was very conscious about the whole "With You..." Honestly, I don't see an issue with it, and forcing my self to say "Chicago Departure, seminole whatever, one thousand six hundred climbing seven thousand" just felt awkward.

I just did a 4 day trip of Comm. cross country flying...I was very conscious about the whole "With You..." Honestly, I don't see an issue with it, and forcing my self to say "Chicago Departure, seminole whatever, one thousand six hundred climbing seven thousand" just felt awkward.
If you try to get rid of "with you" it will feel just as awkward as trying to get rid of "uhh," "um", "y'know," or many other empty phrases that find their way into our speech patterns. Whether it's worth it or not is a pretty individual question.

Back