Will go anywhere.

As the sign over the CP's door reads, "Criticism is not for the weak". I applaud you for turning other doubts into the desire to prove them/yourself wrong. Now how about that job you got..they hiring anymore?!

Lighten up, Francis. You have 300 hours and come on here with a sense of entitlement that you deserve a job. If it was 3 years ago, that would have been no problem. Right now, though, there are 10,000 hour pilots out of work, so it's tough out there.

As far as the other stuff, we all bust balls. That's what it's called. The scrawny Pollock from Chicago got it right. All of us love to fly, however there is plenty of serious time in the cockpit and lots of crap associated with a job. It's how we deal.

Yeah, you read it right. I called Matt a scrawny Pollock. He knows it too, he needs to eat a cheese burger or something. But the thing is, he'd call me a short, balding guinea. And he'd be right.

Listen, you can fly or you can't. If you can't fly, you will be tagged. If the person that finds out you can't fly doesn't like your stereotype, you'll reinforce it. Then again, I'm a white, American male and I flew with some Captains that held where I went to school against me. It's life. If you can't deal with that, you can't deal with losing important stuff at busy times in the airplane.

Out of all the pilots I know, I think the female ones are by fare the best pilots, when I was a CFI most of my female students were really good, some of them had kind of an attitude but I don t care as long they fly safe. My gf is a pilot too, she got all her ratings before she was 20, she had over 100 hours at age 17 and now she is going to be type rated and fly an EMB 195 and she is just over 20.

If anybody is interested in an opportunity with a company in south east asia, that soon will be flying over 40 caravans, right now 12 on the line, most of them brand new. they hire low time pilots, while there I saw pilots getting hired with just over 250TT. I have to point out something, most americans don t really fit the mindset you need to work and live there, I love the United States and their people, I would move back there tomorrow morning if I could, but Asia (so Africa) it s not the US, this company as seen lots of Americans giving up really fast or just not been able to adapt. I m sure there is many expat that can confirm this. If I can help somebody of you guys send me an PM, I can t ad the company becuse the HR is going to get mad at me, they do hire low time but they look for a special profile.

Alex

This guy either doesn't have good command of the English languange or he's a joke. This is what he responded with after a I asked him "what is this company that hires low time pilots":

what about Hi, my name is, I m interested in more information about that company.....

Alex

Has it occurred to this guy that the fact that he brings up low time job on another continent without mentioning the company or that we need to pm him to find out is very suspicious? We need to be formal about it too???

This guy either doesn't have good command of the English languange or he's a joke. This is what he responded with after a I asked him "what is this company that hires low time pilots":

what about Hi, my name is, I m interested in more information about that company.....

Alex

Maybe that company only hires people with the same attitude as the "The Cutting Edge" video I posted.

Out of all the pilots I know, I think the female ones are by fare the best pilots, when I was a CFI most of my female students were really good, some of them had kind of an attitude but I don t care as long they fly safe. My gf is a pilot too, she got all her ratings before she was 20, she had over 100 hours at age 17 and now she is going to be type rated and fly an EMB 195 and she is just over 20.

So what the heck does gender have to do with whether or not one can fly a plane. Either you can or you can't, period. Race, color, creed, sex.......what difference does any of that make? And they can have attitude, but you don't care since they can fly safe? As a CFI, part of your job is to mentor if you see a toxic attitude in the making......YOU are the one bringing these people up and eventually into industry. Don't do the aviation industry a disservice.

If anybody is interested in an opportunity with a company in south east asia, that soon will be flying over 40 caravans, right now 12 on the line, most of them brand new. they hire low time pilots, while there I saw pilots getting hired with just over 250TT. I have to point out something, most americans don t really fit the mindset you need to work and live there, I love the United States and their people, I would move back there tomorrow morning if I could, but Asia (so Africa) it s not the US, this company as seen lots of Americans giving up really fast or just not been able to adapt. I m sure there is many expat that can confirm this. If I can help somebody of you guys send me an PM, I can t ad the company becuse the HR is going to get mad at me, they do hire low time but they look for a special profile.

Alex

Special profile.....well, if they hired Saria, I can only guess what the profile would be :D

Can you expand on what this nebulous mindeset is that needs to be adapted to? If you're post something so general, why post anything at all?

Maybe, but it could be that "yo tell me about that job dude" isn't kosher either...

It depends whether someone was PMing him asking about the job for application purposes, or someone like me just asking the name of the company and a few details about it out of sheer morbid curiousity.

I had to ask because none of what he said made any sense. He said he used to work at this "company", when he was there he saw many us pilots etc. He couldn't mention the name of the company because HR would get mad at him even though he's not there. etc. Now with the reply he sounds like he owns the place. That's what you get for investigating swamp lands.

So, well I may not speak English well enough, I don t care I speak a total of 5 languages I have lived pretty much everywhere in the world.

Some people know me on this board, and they have worked with me, in the US.

I was conditionally hired by this company while I still had my job in the US. I went on a trip to Asia to visit a friend who is a 737 FO there and was going to flight school with me. While on my way to Malaysia I got in touch with the company and we planned an interview, In Indonesia. After being there it just came out that, this job, at least for now was not for me, family reasons and lots of other stuff. While there the company offered me accommodation at one of their bases, so I was living with some of the pilots. I met only 3 Americans, a former cargo pilot on Caravan and Shorts in Hawaii, a former cargo pilot on convairs from michigan and a former Flexjet pilot from texas (this two were flying the Piaggio), they told me about few other Americans that work and worked there in the past, the rest were europeans, canadians and australians.

I m still in touch with the HR guy, wich is a really nice guy from Austria.

The company gets about 20 resumes a day on the official website.

At this company they are not looking for top guns, or people with 3000TT, they are looking for people that can stand live there (trust me when I say it s not easy for an american,....it s not a bad thing), if you have low time, well they will train you, all planes are flown crew and all the capt have high TT in that environment and are trained by Flight Saftey.

They make you do a lot of testing, 90% are psychological tests.

I dont know if anybody of this company reads this forum, but I don t wanna put personal contact info up like that.

This company does not use any of the well known aviation job websites.

Alex

Back