Why I don't give out buddy passes.

You do know to a woman a wedding is MUCH more than it is to a man.

woman do generally care more about the wedding than men do. Most men wouldn't care if it was just the two of you in Vegas or if there were bouquets or a wedding dress. You don't think women care more about the details of a wedding/ having a "real" wedding than a man?

It's probably largely a gender thing, women tend to more value that one day than men.

I understand that weddings are uncompromisingly important to you, but you would do well to not generalize. :) Gender is created by people, and we consciously determine our values.

Sure! It could definitely be a great "Plan B." Divorce lawyers are also gonna rack up huge. Just think, same sex couples=(mostly)DINKS=huge fights=CHEDDA!

Why didn't we discuss business over lunch? We could have hashed this whole thing out.

Btw, I can actually see now and the Malarone jitters went away.

Sent from my TRS-80

Why didn't we discuss business over lunch? We could have hashed this whole thing out.

Btw, I can actually see now and the Malarone jitters went away.

Sent from my TRS-80
We could have deducted the cost of lunch. Cool, now you can see the mosquito that is going to bite you! Are you at the hotel by the water, or the old one by the square?

6 years and 2 weeks ago, my wedding cost me 500 Danish Krone (About 75 US at the time) and our reception, across the street in Tivoli Park, was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 Danish Krone.

I am just as married as anyone else.

I laugh at expensive weddings.......and believe me we had the money to go all out.

We could have deducted the cost of lunch. Cool, now you can see the mosquito that is going to bite you! Are you at the hotel by the water, or the old one by the square?

By the water.

Nice joint but the Skipper is "on his own strange program", the other FO is a surfer and the cabin crew are the "I bought 47,000 Pashminas" crowd.

Sent from my TRS-80

6 years and 2 weeks ago, my wedding cost me 500 Danish Krone (About 75 US at the time) and our reception, across the street in Tivoli Park, was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 Danish Krone.

I am just as married as anyone else.

I laugh at expensive weddings.......and believe me we had the money to go all out.

Been there!

I still have Krone left that I haven't used for a while. Man, if there's ever a city to drink and eat out of one of five thousand 7-11's so you don't go broke, it's got to be CPH.

Sent from my TRS-80

Bid accordingly.

And I should have hit duty free. It'd be a great time to work on my Old Fashioned recipe.

Sent from my TRS-80

Castel.

Formaldehyde headache. Add in some prophylactic Atovaquone/Proguanil Hydrochloride and the nasty greasiness of DEET and I'm just loving how the other half lives. :sarcasm:

Sent from my TRS-80

Been there!

I still have Krone left that I haven't used for a while. Man, if there's ever a city to drink and eat out of one of five thousand 7-11's so you don't go broke, it's got to be CPH.

Sent from my TRS-80

5000 7-11's per square mile you mean!

Not only is AmTrak expensive, but the schedules don't help.

For years, I tried to take the train from Philly to New Mexico to visit parents. Never succeeded.

First you take the train to Chicago. Gets in at 6 am (IF on time. < 25%). Then you take the train from Chicago westward. It leaves at 6 pm. Not much better on-time record.

Now, I love visiting Chicago - lots to do. But traveling to see elderly relatives, I don't want to lose 2 days each way.

Not only is AmTrak expensive, but the schedules don't help.

For years, I tried to take the train from Philly to New Mexico to visit parents. Never succeeded.

First you take the train to Chicago. Gets in at 6 am (IF on time. < 25%). Then you take the train from Chicago westward. It leaves at 6 pm. Not much better on-time record.

Now, I love visiting Chicago - lots to do. But traveling to see elderly relatives, I don't want to lose 2 days each way.

That's why trains haven't "taken off" here the way they're used so much in Europe & Japan. It's the sheer distance factor! I think it would be fun to take the kids to Monument Valley via sleeper train from Chicago, but that's EXPENSIVE, AND it's 17+ hours. To fly from ORD-PHX is like 3-ish hours.

People laugh at the high speed rail plan in CA but I think it's brilliant if you look at the major population centers and the topography.

Sent from my TRS-80

People laugh at the high speed rail plan in CA but I think it's brilliant if you look at the major population centers and the topography.

Sent from my TRS-80

Rail makes sense in places like the mid-Atlantic/northeast corridors. It will be the only way I travel to NY/NJ/PA from DC in the near future.

Rail travel is completely awesome in Europe -- I found it extremely convenient...but they also have a century of infrastructure, development, and culture to back it up. It works great for them.

We would have to drop HUGE coin to build that infrastructure we don't have in the US, and even then most "car culture" Americans wouldn't use it.

Back