Why I don't give out buddy passes.

Without preamble it remerged, eight years later and a good deal frumpier.

Ooooh, I love that movie! One of my all-time hands-down top favorites. Nicely done.

Regarding the earlier post (I'm all for combining things when necessary) I'll give you leave to not believe the dividing lines are racial in nature (you may, of course, believe what you wish) but in a large part of America, race and economics are often congruent bedfellows. I don't like this fact.

If you are going for the weekend like my son and I just did, it is easy. And yes, we purchased tickets because it is impossible to nonrev on Spirit since the flights are completely full. Even jumpseaters have to sit up front.

Ooooh, I love that movie! One of my all-time hands-down top favorites. Nicely done.

Mine too. For better or worse, I can basically recite the entire movie word-for-word. It's my christmas movie -- Some people watch "Miracle on 34th street", some people watch "A Christmas Carol", some people watch "It's a wonderful life"... I watch that movie. ^.^

Sigh.

Regarding the earlier post (I'm all for combining things when necessary) I'll give you leave to not believe the dividing lines are racial in nature (you may, of course, believe what you wish) but in a large part of America, race and economics are often congruent bedfellows. I don't like this fact.

Certainly true.

~Fox

Thread =
tangent_of_curve.png

Amanda said:

Check Spirit ;)

Just don't check anything for the flight!

Spirit would sell you a ticket for an aluminum lawn chair duct -taped to the wing if they could. They'd specify a type of lawn-chair you couldn't buy, rent you one (Ka-Ching!); then require you to use their duct-tape (Ka-Ching!!) and charge you for a can of Goo-Gone to clean off the sticky tape residue (Ka-Ching!!!) Then charge you a catering fee for the bugs you inhaled (Ka-Ching!!!!) and for the toothbrush to clean 'em off your teeth (Ka-Ching!!!!!), the toothpaste for the above (Ka-Ching!!!!!!) and the water to gargle with (Ka-Ching!!!!!!!). Then comes the environmental disposal fee for the water you've gargled with (Ka-Ching!!!!!!!!) or a can of Spew-Gone to wash off the tooth-pasty water when it hits the side of the A/C (Ka-Ching!!!!!!!!!).

But people do love those low fares, and they're making money.

Trains are largely point-to-point. As planes get bigger and require larger airports & bigger loads, they become either point-to-point or hub- &-spoke to feed the P-T-P. As smaller jets get turned into beer cans, there will be less feed to the hubs.

Then we're back to a transportation system for the big cities only, at a price few can afford.

Amanda said:

Just don't check anything for the flight!

Spirit would sell you a ticket for an aluminum lawn chair duct -taped to the wing if they could. They'd specify a type of lawn-chair you couldn't buy, rent you one (Ka-Ching!); then require you to use their duct-tape (Ka-Ching!!) and charge you for a can of Goo-Gone to clean off the sticky tape residue (Ka-Ching!!!) Then charge you a catering fee for the bugs you inhaled (Ka-Ching!!!!) and for the toothbrush to clean 'em off your teeth (Ka-Ching!!!!!), the toothpaste for the above (Ka-Ching!!!!!!) and the water to gargle with (Ka-Ching!!!!!!!). Then comes the environmental disposal fee for the water you've gargled with (Ka-Ching!!!!!!!!) or a can of Spew-Gone to wash off the tooth-pasty water when it hits the side of the A/C (Ka-Ching!!!!!!!!!).

But people do love those low fares, and they're making money.
A backpack can hold a laptop, DSLR camera, purse, and clothes for at least a weekend (plus a drink or two bought in the airport) if you know how to pack right. One personal item it is. ;)

Back