Which Airline Should Elon Musk Take Over and Run?

Profile_-_Mrs._Potato_Head.jpg

The way to become a millionaire in aviation is by starting out as a billionaire.

Aeroflot could use an influx of cash.

Maybe I'm off my rocker but perhaps the OPs question is more about cutting unneeded expenses required to operate a company rather than just soldier on with more chiefs than Indians. I understand everyone here hates Musk after he bought twitter and rebranded it, he cut something like 70% of the overhead and X is still operating. Maybe someone could adapt that business model to an airline. There are no safe spaces if you're trying to turn a profit, perform or leave. I'm entirely unsure if Musk would even want to take over an airline, there's way too much baggage (tee-hee, see what I did there?).

Well, when Ole Musky bought Tesla he had it written into the deal that he was a "founder" of the company.

And since 'murican has a whole "Founders" thing going in the company lore, I assume he would buy into that.

But then he would try to have his Twitter "grok" try to replace as many ops personnel as possible until his Saudi daddies install someone else to run the company and be a proponent for your "ME3."

I'm entirely unsure if Musk would even want to take over an airline, there's way too much baggage (tee-hee, see what I did there?).

I think it is fair to say that it is a sure thing he wouldn't. No way this industry has the profit margins that would interest him. There is also way too much institutional inertia and federal oversight/regulation for his brand I'd think. Throw in pilot/FA/MX/DX/everyone unions, and he'd probably run away immediately if he tried it, kinda like he attempted to run away from Twatter

Back