What IDIOTS (Two Falcon Air Pilots Scab for Spirit)

Re: What IDIOTS

Another Falcon Pilot writes:
"Attention Spirit Pilot Group, let it be known that although the scum president of Falcon Air sought to make money by covering Spirit flights during your strike, except for a few Falcon management pilots who are very foolish...the rest of the Falcon pilot group, lead by former Midwest Airlines ALPA pilots, FLAT OUT REJECTED flying any Spirit flights or called in sick.

According to Falcon's Crew Scheduler, due to this action by the Falcon pilots, Falcon will no longer cover any Spirit flights."

That's from the acknowledgments section of the website. It's looks like the list won't be getting any longer either.

Well let me put it this way, there was an unidentified md-80 parked behind the Spirit gates in Lauderdale yesterday. The crew that was supposed to fly it was positive spaced on a Spirit flight on Friday to get into position for the future flights. If that is not enough then I sure as hell do not know what is. These gentlemen have surely sealed their fate.

To add to that, there was a Spirit Airplane that we saw starting to move under its own power. Within about 15 seconds there were about four other sources, striking pilots, other airline pilots, and other unnamed unions who contacted the strike center and let them know.

It was a mechanic repoing the airplane which is allowed, BUT, if you cross, your name will get out.

I always thought you had to be within the pilot group to be considered a scab. That would suck if these two initially didn't know it was a Spirit flight. I doubt that was the case, but still.

They used the "Spirit Wings" callsign...they definitely knew.

Very doubtful it will really impact their careers, I mean who carriers a scab list? I don't, and honestly I don't really have the time to even bother looking every jumpseaters name up. Plus companies would love to hire scabs.

I have it on my laptop which is typically in sleep mode and takes about one half second to be up and running. The list is up in another five seconds and the name is either on it or not. All in a minute's time.

Google:

"US Master Pilot Scab List, 2004 - Wiki Links"

Click on the first result
Click on "File"brings up PDF
Great success

Other than NKS2098 and NKS2099 yesterday, has anyone heard of any other flights that have taken place?

Word is that the scab captain was a former disgruntled spirit pilot. I guess that showed them.....

But the F.O, how stupid do you have to be to be the only one scabbing and to be branded for life for two round trips out of MIA?

It may be kind of twisted by I think these guys want their 15 minutes of fame, but for the wrong reasons. even if they end up on the list.

Looks like the F.O is apologizing to the Spirit MEC saying he didn't know it was scab work and that he would like to walk the picket lines with the Spirit pilots now.........

i think when he saw the presents people left on his lawn he got the message

Looks like the F.O is apologizing to the Spirit MEC saying he didn't know it was scab work and that he would like to walk the picket lines with the Spirit pilots now.........

Unless that FO has no tv, no internet, no radio, doesn't talk to colleagues, and doesn't read the newspaper that is nearly impossible.

Ok...don't flame me bro...

I never understood the crossing of the Amerijet line, or this one (for example). I can KIND OF understand crossing Cal in 1983, UAL, or maybe even Eastern (I said "kind of" understand, not "agree with" or "would do". Please note that).

I think the CAL, UAL, and EAL scabs were offered some form of "super seniority" or something. Basically, they would have a good job (better than what they were doing prior to crossing, or being junior) and would actually get some benefit from having done this. Through a "greedy lens" I can see how this would appeal to the selfish. What I don't get are people that cross a line and make themselves a pariah at a crappy place (Amerijet and to a lesser extent Spirit). Why do this? It simply doesn't make sense...there are no tangible things except a couple bucks in your pocket today. Why wwould you sell your reputation and integrity for such minimal payback?

He may or may not have known.

Flying one leg, then calling the MEC and trying to fix things is different than crossing the picket line while mooning the pilots.

This passes the reasonableness test of possibly not knowing. Though being the only one, make one wonder.

Back