What Else Should we not do in an Airplane?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21509
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21509

As a newer pilot, I have learned a lot of lessons here on JC. Don't raise the flaps in the flare, its not a great idea to roll a hawker or spin a citation, and bringing up which burger location is the best below 10,000 is not a good idea. So what other things should we not be doing in airplanes?

Not writing up minor issues at the end of your turn. It becomes a big problem for the next crew trying to dispatch. Give us a chance, we might be able to fix it if you give us more than a 1/2 hr.
THIS. Please. Take the time to get things fixed—don't kick it to me!

I would rather inherit something written up at the hub than find it on the first flight of the day.

Don't let the captain slam the power to takeoff thrust while making the turn onto the runway, causing your large drink to pour out all over the floor, right above the electronics bay.

The Bay Area is worse, far worse, than SoCal on this front. There is a cooperate-and-graduate mentality in SoCal (by comparison, anyway) that is utterly absent here.

People up here (1) drive like a-holes and (2) go nowhere fast.

Just came back from India. Rule 1) there are no rules.... Spent 4 kms driving the wrong way on a 8 lane high way flashing the lights and honking the horn. I found multiple religions and my driver goes "See I saved you 3hrs of waiting in line." The Bay Area and SoCal aint got S*** on India! Although DC traffic is horrid. 10 mile commute to work 30min in morning 1hr15min at night.

The Bay Area is worse, far worse, than SoCal on this front. There is a cooperate-and-graduate mentality in SoCal (by comparison, anyway) that is utterly absent here.

People up here (1) drive like a-holes and (2) go nowhere fast.
Yeah, I can't stand SFO drivers. At least you KNOW LA drivers are going to drive like a-holes. SF drivers are always way too timid and flip out and end up doing something unpredictable. Should be fun when I bring the Subaru out in a few weeks :p

Don't let the Captain jump out.

ot2cmv.jpg

Yeah, I can't stand SFO drivers. At least you KNOW LA drivers are going to drive like a-holes. SF drivers are always way too timid and flip out and end up doing something unpredictable. Should be fun when I bring the Subaru out in a few weeks :p
To be fair, they are not aided by the roads here.

"Lane ends. Surprise, d-bags!"
-or-
"Here's the acceleration lane AND the exit lane for 880 North! Surprise again, losers!"
-or-
"This is an expressway, except really it isn't, because it only does about 10 miles an hour at rush hour."
-or-
Downtown SJ, 280/680 and "which way is where who?"

Back