What Else Should we not do in an Airplane?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21509
  • Start date
To be fair, they are not aided by the roads here.

"Lane ends. Surprise, d-bags!"
-or-
"Here's the acceleration lane AND the exit lane for 880 North! Surprise again, losers!"
-or-
"This is an expressway, except really it isn't, because it only does about 10 miles an hour at rush hour."
-or-
Downtown SJ, 280/680 and "which way is where who?"
I go from SJ to San Carlos for work, its 1:30 each way in traffic.

In a tandem-seat airplane, never tell the other dude that you are pissing.
LOL, Too late. @Dallen has already heard that. :ooh:

Don't let your FO's gingerale explode all over the cockpit, flood the radio console, and incur a one hour delay after you're fully boarded.

Just don't put ANY liquid in the cupholder of a Lear. It WILL spill all over the electrical panel.

Don't do nothing' stoopid. Don't hit nothin'.

I go from SJ to San Carlos for work, its 1:30 each way in traffic.
I looked at the 101 in Mountain View tonight and went "eff it."

And apparently, Caltrain struck a car up in Burlingame tonight. About grade-separating the Joint Powers corridor, once and for all...

Just came back from India. Rule 1) there are no rules.... Spent 4 kms driving the wrong way on a 8 lane high way flashing the lights and honking the horn. I found multiple religions and my driver goes "See I saved you 3hrs of waiting in line." The Bay Area and SoCal aint got S*** on India! Although DC traffic is horrid. 10 mile commute to work 30min in morning 1hr15min at night.

Hey, @Dallen, didn't you have a similar experience in Peru?!?

Yeah, I can't stand SFO drivers. At least you KNOW LA drivers are going to drive like a-holes. SF drivers are always way too timid and flip out and end up doing something unpredictable.

Sounds like some co-pilots I've flown with...:rolleyes:

I looked at the 101 in Mountain View tonight and went "eff it."

And apparently, Caltrain struck a car up in Burlingame tonight. About grade-separating the Joint Powers corridor, once and for all...

DON'T bring a car to a train fight...

Geez, is there no squat switch to prevent that? Talking about the gear up on the ground vid, not rubbing one out over Baghdad.

But on that subject, here's a true story.

The one time I was ever on a mission that got USAF air support was back in March or April 2005. (Usually our air support was Army or Marine helos) We had a big crowd getting out of hand in south Baghdad at a medical support mission at a school, and the USMC FAC (who had been a CH-46 pilot) decided to call for air support to do a "show of force" to the crowd. We could see the F-15E circling overhead for several minutes before the FAC even called in. So the FAC gets things worked out, clears the F-15E to come do his pass, and the F-15E keeps circling for about ten minutes!

Meanwhile there's a pretty good riot starting over some medical aid being provided by Soldiers and Marines on the ground, with about 30 total troops trying to keep things safe for the medical folks vs a couple thousand upset Iraqis chucking rocks and stuff because the aid was for school kids and not for everyone from every village within ten miles. The FAC even called the F-15 a couple times while we waited, like "Hey any time now would be good!"

The F-15E finally came down and did a fast low pass and got the crowd's attention and surprised the heck out of some of the friendlies who had not gotten word the jet was coming. The actual effect of the pass was funny, both the reaction of the surprised Iraqis and the troops. But we never did find out why the jet kept circling so long when we could see and hear it overhead the whole time.

Last edited:
To be fair, they are not aided by the roads here.

"Lane ends. Surprise, d-bags!"
-or-
"Here's the acceleration lane AND the exit lane for 880 North! Surprise again, losers!"
-or-
"This is an expressway, except really it isn't, because it only does about 10 miles an hour at rush hour."
-or-
Downtown SJ, 280/680 and "which way is where who?"

Ahh, I see you've left the quiet, suburban comfort of Ventura County young Jedi! :)

Don't complain about SAIL and expect soundtracks to get better

(I want a hemmet that says "POOP" on it … where's my electrical tape?)​

If you are a presolo student pilot, don't argue with your instructor over things like aerodynamics and navigation. Its a good bet your instructor is a little more clued in than you. I'm looking at you "Unibrow".

Back