Weird Clarity Aloft problem...

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I love my Clarity Aloft. Use it 3-4 days a week, and 2-5 legs each day. 99% of the time I have no problem. However, once in a blue moon the ear-tip will come off in my ear canal! Well, needless to say that freaks me out a bit, because there's really nothing to grab onto.

My only option is to try and "screw" the headset back into the tip so I can drag it out. But it's scary! I do make sure the tips are tight before each flight, but this has happened 3-4 times. (Once in San Juan I thought I might have to go to the ER to have it removed!)

I was wondering if any of you have heard of this happening before or if I'm the only moron with this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's happened to me a few times too, but I've always been able to grab it with my fingers. I just try to make sure they're screwed on tight before I put them in.

I was wondering if any of you have heard of this happening before or if I'm the only moron with this issue?

Happened to me ona flight back home to DFW, I accidnetaly pushed the earplug too far into the ear canal and I couldn't get it out. I had to call our sick for the rest of the day, drive to the ER my wife was working at, and have her pull it out with some forceps. That afternoon, I got a call from the CP that began with "I've been doing this for 20 years, but I've gotta hear this story."

I have never had this happen before. Are the threads on the headset that the plugs screw onto stripped?
Maybe try the larger plugs, and don't jam them so far into your ear

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I love my Clarity Aloft. Use it 3-4 days a week, and 2-5 legs each day. 99% of the time I have no problem. However, once in a blue moon the ear-tip will come off in my ear canal! Well, needless to say that freaks me out a bit, because there's really nothing to grab onto.

My only option is to try and "screw" the headset back into the tip so I can drag it out. But it's scary! I do make sure the tips are tight before each flight, but this has happened 3-4 times. (Once in San Juan I thought I might have to go to the ER to have it removed!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just purchased it, and while I haven't had the problem yet, it makes me worry. Maybe I'll have to carry a pair of Kelly Clamps or something like that just in case.

Will do... Found them at B&H for $7.99 no tax and free ship

I have some of those that came with my Halo. Phil said the foam ones have the best noise reduction but I may try those just for s and g's.

I have some of those that came with my Halo. Phil said the foam ones have the best noise reduction but I may try those just for s and g's.
Yeah supposedly compared to the foam they offer 90-95% of the noise reduction, but are washable (silicone), easier to insert, and last a year or more. Along with $8 for 3 sets, may be worth it, if not, I'm only out $8

Yeah supposedly compared to the foam they offer 90-95% of the noise reduction, but are washable (silicone), easier to insert, and last a year or more. Along with $8 for 3 sets, may be worth it, if not, I'm only out $8

Thought you stopped flying.

:stir:

I've had it happen as well a few times, now I dont push them in as far, and the sound reduction is about the same.

Back