United Aviate at Goodyear, What Up?

Minuteman

“Dongola”
I have someone ask me the other day about what kind of school United Aviate based out of Phoenix Goodyear was. Their impression was that the school was a sure thing to a right seat at United.

I have no information about this place, but that sounds dubious to my ears which were seasoned in the era of "guaranteed interview." United Aviate seems to have been around for a few years now, which seems like a good sign.

Qualifying for a First Officer Position at United Through Aviate
Once in Aviate, Participants are expected to pursue any certifications and ratings necessary to serve as a professional pilot, accrue the hours necessary to obtain an ATP or R-ATP, and ultimately obtain employment (1) as a pilot with a participating United Express carrier, (2) as a pilot with a participating Part 135 operator, or (3) with United in a Fleet Technical Instructor (“FTI”) role. Each of these employment paths will enable Participants to transition to United through Aviate.

It looks like the right seat deal requires them to have flown as a Captain at a United Express carrier for at least 100 hours in the immediate 12 months before application (or half credit for giving simulator instruction or acting as a LCP).

Why don't other US airlines have similar employment pipelines? Or if they do, what are they?

I have someone ask me the other day about what kind of school United Aviate based out of Phoenix Goodyear was. Their impression was that the school was a sure thing to a right seat at United.

I have no information about this place, but that sounds dubious to my ears which were seasoned in the era of "guaranteed interview." United Aviate seems to have been around for a few years now, which seems like a good sign.

It looks like the right seat deal requires them to have flown as a Captain at a United Express carrier for at least 100 hours in the immediate 12 months before application (or half credit for giving simulator instruction or acting as a LCP).

Why don't other US airlines have similar employment pipelines? Or if they do, what are they?
They do. American has a cadet program and Delta has Propel.

The Varney callsign is just another of the many flight school call signs jamming up the traffic patterns and instrument approaches in southern AZ. :)

Another marketing plow, you want to be used and abused sign up! But I encourage you to go the traditional route….

Back