VA benefits for dispatch school

MedicRyan

Hey everyone, I am interested in attending dispatch school soon and I am just doing some research on how I am going to pay for it. If someone out there used their VA benefits for dispatch school, how did that go for you? Did the VA pay for everything, or did they only pay a certain amount? Also, I would like to use the post 9/11 GI Bill to get the BAH. Did anyone use this? Thanks for any insight you can give to give me an idea of what I'm up against.

Ryan

Talk to the school you are interested in and see if they are VA approved. I know Sheffield is.

In my case, the VA only paid their standard rate for the time I was in school. (At the time, that was $400/month although I think it has since gone up...this is under the Montgomery GI Bill.) So, it didn't come close to covering the cost of the course since the course was under two months long, but it was enough to pay some of my living expenses while I was there.

Keep in mind this was over 10 years ago. I have no idea what the details are on the new GI Bill, I think it may pay more tuition. Best bet is to call the VA and ask them, and make sure your chosen school is VA approved (Sheffield is, as was already mentioned; I'm sure some others are as well.)

Hey everyone, I am interested in attending dispatch school soon and I am just doing some research on how I am going to pay for it. If someone out there used their VA benefits for dispatch school, how did that go for you? Did the VA pay for everything, or did they only pay a certain amount? Also, I would like to use the post 9/11 GI Bill to get the BAH. Did anyone use this? Thanks for any insight you can give to give me an idea of what I'm up against.

Ryan

PM sent

Back