US Senate panel votes to reject hiking pilot retirement age

Totally off topic... you guys are able to run OE on augmented flights as a three pilot crew? We are required to run 4 pilots because the OE pilot isn't checked out yet and as such can't be at the controls without a check pilot in the other seat. That even applies in the case where the pilot is still technically right seat (and hence RO) qualifed.

Same.

On the 767 (7ER for @Seggy) we would do a domestic OE then a TOE so we could run it three-pilot.

I love flying Asia but having a second captain is a weird dynamic sometime. Some second captains are beneficial, others are like an annoying senior FO that's always sleepy and rings to life with incorrect information at inordinate times and "no, you need to seek validation at home, I don't wish to hear your grievances"

So good.

Oh! Since you’re ’somewhere we’re both familiar with’… Barbecue Kitchen? No BBQ there.

So medical costs. Ok. I received cancer treatments from 2020-2021. With insurance and regular monthly payments my balance with Texas Oncology is now the lowest it’s been since October of 2019… I owe a bit less than $3000. So $600 a month for insurance premiums plus $200 a month for medical debt JUST FOR ME… how much would my taxes go up if we had a universal state run health care system?

Same.

On the 767 (7ER for @Seggy) we would do a domestic OE then a TOE so we could run it three-pilot.

I love flying Asia but having a second captain is a weird dynamic sometime. Some second captains are beneficial, others are like an annoying senior FO that's always sleepy and rings to life with incorrect information at inordinate times and "no, you need to seek validation at home, I don't wish to hear your grievances"

What is a TOE?

While I absolutely love the discussion of "free will" or otherwise, and I do believe we make choices - but the scope of the choices we can make are severely limited by things largely outside of your control, and whether someone ends up a drug addict or not is probably not something they have much control over. Going against one's innate biology is extremely difficult. Like, somewhat - sure, but not as much as people would have you believe.

It is possible to make choices, but it also very possible to have a great many choices made for you. Nobody picks where they're born or who their parents are or what kind of ailments they may get in life. Nobody picks the version of illness they're exposed to - sure, some yes, but generally, you don't choose to get mono. People can and do overcome adversity, but even major self-inflicted personal tragedy often stems from forces outside peoples' control and recovery from those tragedies is at times insurmountable.

Saying that fat people are fat because they can't put the fork down in a society that's scientifically engineering the most addictive and delicious foods imaginable, doesn't allow people time off to do anything but grind away (airline pilots not withstanding), doesn't have walkable communities, and is advertising* so effectively that you people swear that their phones are listening to them is silly.

Yes, people can chose - people can even chose things in terrible contexts, but the deck is certainly stacked against people in ways that are largely decided by things outside of their control. That doesn't mean "give up lay down and die" and it also doesn't mean that "everything is someone else's fault" but people with major addictions are probably experiencing that because of biology not choice.

*you're phone typically isn't listening to you, the advertising is just so good you're talking about a product shortly before the algorithm decides to show you an add for it.

Transoceanic OE that we used to do when we had separate international and domestic categories on the 767.

I always thought it was Theater Operating Experience. Lots of "special" places to fly that aren't special because of an ocean. Or do you guys call that something else?

I’d have to pull up some outdated manuals because we don’t use that term any more.

But we had both TOE and TQ/Theater Quals

It's a digit attached to the foot. Obviously.

I'll sell you my Delta A350 trading card for your collection.

tmnt-my-toe.gif

Back