US Airways Hiring

USAirways is seeking candidates for Dispatcher to work at Fort Worth, Texas. Must be able to attend on- the-job training in Pittsburg, PA for approximately 7 weeks.

Can anyone explain this? Do you just train in Pittsburgh? Does the company put u up in a hotel? Then after do you head to Dallas? Kind of confusing is it for US Airways or American ( both under different contracts )?

The classroom is at the AA facility, OJT is in PIT. The way I understand it is they will be TDY to PIT for OJT and TDY during the time they complete OJT till the move to Texas is complete. But that is just the rumors I have heard, I do not know any facts for certain.

Usually when you get to the late stages of a shop move, new hires are given a hotel or equivalent in the city that will be vacated.

Can't speak for AA/US though

My question: is this posting in regard to the same class AA interviewed for (external) not too long ago...

Legacy AA is only as of now holding one class of all internals. I know legacy-US has a class of externals coming in. I imagine this is another legacy US posting given they are starting to get more people turning the down the move to DFW? The deadline is early December for them to decide to come down here.

In any case, Im happy. More seniority for me lol!

Word I heard is that this posting is for every external that interviewed already. Company wants them to reapply (previous interview still counts) because there was a big F up in regards to calling people in for US Airways spots when they had applied for what they thought were American spots and there was no mention on the AA posting about there being a US class included and they would be shipped off to do TDY in PIT. But I believe many that already interviewed will change their minds about reapplying since some see it as a bait and switch.

Word I heard is that this posting is for every external that interviewed already. Company wants them to reapply (previous interview still counts) because there was a big F up in regards to calling people in for US Airways spots when they had applied for what they thought were American spots and there was no mention on the AA posting about there being a US class included and they would be shipped off to do TDY in PIT. But I believe many that already interviewed will change their minds about reapplying since some see it as a bait and switch.
The thing is though...by the time these people get signed off, the companies will have achieved SOC so they will all end up at AA and signed off by SOC. I wish people wouldn't change their minds over this because they could be throwing away a great opportunity for this.

The thing is though...by the time these people get signed off, the companies will have achieved SOC so they will all end up at AA and signed off by SOC. I wish people wouldn't change their minds over this because they could be throwing away a great opportunity for this.

Agreed. These new hires would spend maybe 6 months in PIT before coming to DFW permanently. In the big picture of things that is a short period of time in a long career. If anyone is unwilling to do the TDY and withdraws their application, there are plenty of dispatchers out there that are more than willing to take their place. You only get so many chances to get hired by a major airline.

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Did you just apply to this opening when it opened (the US specific one, or the previous Aa one)? That was fast, and really insensitive timing on their part...

Last edited:
I just applied but it wouldn't let me give personal info, references, etc. I did get an e-mail saying my info/resume was under review.

We're you able to give references and stuff like how you'd preferred to be contacted? I clicked the box that asked if I read the above information and it basically froze. Weird

Back