US Airways Hiring

The most recent posting was filled from applicants who attended the AA interviews in Dallas... it was merely a formality to post it. They did not interview candidates exclusively for the most recent US posting.

I heard that some internal offers have gone out...but I doubt any externals have and I doubt they are done sending offers either.

I heard that some internal offers have gone out...but I doubt any externals have and I doubt they are done sending offers either.

Well your intel is wrong. They did extend offers this past week to external candidates who applied and interviewed via the AA posting. The only reason a posting was ever created for US was so those candidates could reapply and be hired under that posting.

Last edited:
Well your intel is wrong. They did extend offers this past week to external candidates who applied and interviewed via the AA posting. The only reason a posting was ever created for US was so those candidates could reapply and be hired under that posting.

I/ve talked to both an internal and external who offers were made to two days ago. They both accepted.

I have heard about several internals and externals hearing. Not sure if all the offers have gone out or been accepted yet.

I spoke w/ a "recruiter" there yesterday. They are in the process of bleaching their entire e-lectronic hiring system and will start from scratch soon.
She told me they got a billion resumes from folks with ZERO dispatch license and ZERO aviation experience. She/they were very unhappy about people's just "apply for anything" attitudes with no regard for the listed qualifications. I told here I completely understood where she was coming from.
And then I told her that a lot of folks in need of work are unhappy that the HR department's chose, (is it an unrecognized skill?) to just blow everyone off for months on end with ZERO response. Even the one's that were promised an immediate response got nothing for their efforts.
She proceeded to talk about the recent "cold snap"........ Touche.

I spoke w/ a "recruiter" there yesterday. They are in the process of bleaching their entire e-lectronic hiring system and will start from scratch soon.
She told me they got a billion resumes from folks with ZERO dispatch license and ZERO aviation experience. She/they were very unhappy about people's just "apply for anything" attitudes with no regard for the listed qualifications. I told here I completely understood where she was coming from.
And then I told her that a lot of folks in need of work are unhappy that the HR department's chose, (is it an unrecognized skill?) to just blow everyone off for months on end with ZERO response. Even the one's that were promised an immediate response got nothing for their efforts.
She proceeded to talk about the recent "cold snap"........ Touche.
It would be nice if HR would not treat potential hires as a number and for that reason alone I will NEVER apply to AA again. The way they treated me was just aweful and appalling. Kept me waiting for a response for almost three months.

It would be nice if HR would not treat potential hires as a number and for that reason alone I will NEVER apply to AA again. The way they treated me was just aweful and appalling. Kept me waiting for a response for almost three months.

Are you saying you would pass up the chance at a multi million dollar career at the worlds biggest carrier because the HR department sucks a bit?

If you are going to narrow your search down to airlines who's HR departments don't piss you off you've got a lot less choices. Not trying to tell you how to run your life or anything, but in the world of corporate America you might want to consider letting some things roll off your back for the sake of the greater good. Not sayin, just sayin.

Back