UPS Asst Dispatcher position

Where did you find this link?

I'm guessing this is an old link because we are not hiring today, so everyone can stand down. However, there will be 4 positions opening in the very near future. Check upsjobs.com daily. I will post on here when it goes live.

Good drill!

Last edited:
Your fine!! But can someone in the know...tell why it reads, "36 hour rotating shifts".....? 36?

Thanks for that 69Beers....

Those pesky job search engines are mostly bogus in my opinion...That's the 10th time I have seen this happen in 2 months.

Because we work 36 hours per week, just like it states.

Hmmm...Yeah okay, Gunslinger...I get it now. I thought it meant 36 hours per year. But now you have totally cleared this up for me .....(this can't be happening...)
Anyone else care to do the math?

Typically, what is competitive for getting hired at UPS in terms of length of experience and dispatching background? The linked posting says three years preferred experience. How often do people get hired with less than that?

Three is a good historical average. Experience has been higher in some of the recent hirings, but less than 3 years at times in the past. Most recent new hires had international experience. A college degree is about 50/50. I highly suspect this round will be more about aptitude and attitude than checking experience blocks. They will want to know if someone can learn quickly to dispatch in a very complex operation and do the job well. They will also require the candidate be from Planet Earth and actually get along with their coworkers to work as a team. And although military experience wasn't mentioned in the posting, UPS has committed to hiring 50k veterans by 2018.

Im still trying to figure out how the original link in the first post came into discovery. Seriously, when this was posted a few of us did searches and found nothing. Some even directly asked management and they knew nothing. However, the requisition number matches and the timing is too coincidental. I'm sorry, Lisa, but at this point you are suspected of having ties to North Korean hackers.

Was this right after the HNL ONT air turn back for gas? Might have been management thinking somebody was gonna get fired. Then they noticed the pilots were management too so no harm done.

Was this right after the HNL ONT air turn back for gas? Might have been management thinking somebody was gonna get fired. Then they noticed the pilots were management too so no harm done.

Wow, just enough information to fit into a thimble. Certainly you're going to tell the whole story, right? Management pilots or not, and the dispatcher certainly was not, this is way too good of a "historic moments in aviation, and why we have dispatchers" story to just leave us hanging with a minutia of facts. And while you're at it tell us about the what happened on the HNL-ONT ferry flight the day before.

I once had a flight turn back for gas. Had nothing to do with dispatch. Both pilots simply forgot to verify fuel on board prior to push. They didn't realize it until after they called off. I can only imagine that conversation. "Ops, Muppet1234" "Go ahead Muppet1234" "Muppet1234 is out at 25, off at 30, fuel...standby" (a very long and creative list of expletives occurs off mic, followed by a "didn't you check the fuel?" "I thought you checked the fuel") then..." Ops, Muppet1234 is returning to the airport."

Now, the rub is that they had enough FOB to make it to the destination, + about 15 minutes. Weather was clear VFR, and the destination was a non-busy outstation. I can't help but wonder if the crew debated whether or not to press on, and not tell anyone.

Did anyone that applied have a problem with the online system?
Im not sure they got my resume beacause the computer didnt say anything about whether or not my information arrived at HR.
You usually get an email that says thanks for applying did anyone get such an email?

Back