UPS Asst Dispatcher position

It's kind of funny knowing a few forum members have received calls, yet none of them are talking about it on here. Well, almost none of them.

If selected to get a phone interview not the initial phone screening are the questions more HR or Dispatch and when do they want this class to start

Last edited:
I am hoping that those with international experience got called but there are those in the forum who have it that are not getting calls. It is a challenging scenario to those dispatchers who have dedicated their whole lives to getting the experience needed to get to THE major and it isn't quite enough or it may be too much experience depending on the carrier. There is nothing to do about it ,but it is interesting that there are several here with lots of intl experience, who I have had the honor to hire in my past, and they aren't getting calls. I wish everyone the best who got the call! I am sure that whoever UPS called are fantastic dispatchers and honorable people in their own right.

I am hoping that those with international experience got called but there are those in the forum who have it that are not getting calls. It is a challenging scenario to those dispatchers who have dedicated their whole lives to getting the experience needed to get to THE major and it isn't quite enough or it may be too much experience depending on the carrier. There is nothing to do about it ,but it is interesting that there are several here with lots of intl experience, who I have had the honor to hire in my past, and they aren't getting calls. I wish everyone the best who got the call! I am sure that whoever UPS called are fantastic dispatchers and honorable people in their own right.

You really can't limit yourself to one "dream major" when it comes to getting on with a major or FedEx/UPS. Doing so limits you greatly and may also increase the amount of time you spend at a regional. That being said, I've never seen an HR posting that put a cap on how much experience you have, nor have I heard any hiring managers ever say, "Well, he looked like a good candidate, but he had too much experience so we didn't call him for an interview." I'm not saying that this policy doesn't exist - I've just never heard of it. And since I had over ten years of experience before I got to a major, I am pretty sure it was not the policy where I got hired.

If UPS is only hiring 4 people, it stands to reason that they might only need to interview 10-15 people. When you spread that out over all the regionals and supplemental carriers, it can be easy to see why it can be hard to get a call. That is in no way a reflection on the qualifications on those that do not get calls rather it just shows how deep the pool is that UPS can draw from.

If UPS is only hiring 4 people, it stands to reason that they might only need to interview 10-15 people. When you spread that out over all the regionals and supplemental carriers, it can be easy to see why it can be hard to get a call. That is in no way a reflection on the qualifications on those that do not get calls rather it just shows how deep the pool is that UPS can draw from.
Not to mention the internals.

"IF" your resume manages to navigate the uncharted course through the HR department. Mine made it through twice, and I only was called the second time around. The first time, a couple coworkers at my carrier with less experience dispatching got called for interviews and neither were hired. Shrug.

Not to mention the internals.

I wouldn't worry about "internals"... They're as common as unicorns

For those that work at UPS dx, what are some of the benefits? UPS appears to be a great company to work for. Obviously the CASS system, is that agreement with airlines as well?

For those that work at UPS dx, what are some of the benefits? UPS appears to be a great company to work for. Obviously the CASS system, is that agreement with airlines as well?
One would think the stability of the company...

Just 3 years ago I joined this forum and began asking about dispatching and what schools to look at.... Got my license in May 2012. Fast forward 2 years, 9 months and I've just accepted a position with UPS. This is surreal and I'm so grateful! Just want to thank everyone here for being helpful and gracious. Cheers to you!!

Louisville, here I come!! :)

Just 3 years ago I joined this forum and began asking about dispatching and what schools to look at.... Got my license in May 2012. Fast forward 2 years, 9 months and I've just accepted a position with UPS. This is surreal and I'm so grateful! Just want to thank everyone here for being helpful and gracious. Cheers to you!!

Louisville, here I come!! :)

Congrats! I hear your ground school instructor is a hell of a guy!

Back