Updates From Vegas

Glad you all like it. I just had to do it!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Glad you all like it. I just had to do it!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'll say!"
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking Mexico for the next one!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch "The Real Cancun" this weekend or something?
wink.gif

BTW, Rausda is English as well! See, Iain, you missed out man, "Bob's" his uncle too.

From the alt.usage.english FAQ (http://www.yaelf.com/aueFAQ/mifbobsyouruncle.shtml)

[ QUOTE ]
"Bob's your uncle"

(Phrase Origins)

This British phrase means "all will be well" or "simple as that": "You go and ask for the job -- and he remembers your name -- and Bob's your uncle." It dates from circa 1890.

P. Brendon, in Eminent Edwardians, 1979, suggests an origin: "When, in 1887, Balfour was unexpectedly promoted to the vital front line post of Chief Secretary for Ireland by his uncle Robert, Lord Salisbury (a stroke of nepotism that inspired the catch-phrase 'Bob's your uncle'), ..." Or it may have been prompted by the cant phrase "All is bob" = "all is safe."

(Info from Eric Partridge's _Dictionary of Catch Phrases_, 2nd edition, revised by Paul Beale, Routledge, 1985, ISBN 0-415-05916-X.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That must be one of the worst movies of all time!! I just love Mexico - lots of good times!!

I think Vegas is a great location for things like this - everything is so close by, plenty to do, and drink!!! Also flights to Vegas are not really that expensive!

SO sorry I wasn't able to make it ... I know I missed out on a heck of a good time. It would be terrific to meet you guys, even the guys (like Aloft and Ophir) I get worked up with in the Squawk Box! Like Doug said, argue in the Box all you want, in person we'd all get along great.

Next year, Orlando or Vegas, I am there ...

FL270

Glad you got back okay. Because of the delay in my flight from Vegas, I had to catch the redeye out of LAX. I am at work now and I am going to need lots of coffee to get through the day!

I am also all for going back to Vegas again. Who knows, I may actually remember the places all the locals recommended!

Oh, yeah, if anyone feels like they pitched in too much money, let me know. I had a little spare change left at the end of the night because of folks throwing in a little something for the next round.

TonyW, how old are you? You look about 15 in your avatar pic, but based on meeting up with the JC peeps in a bar, I'm guessing you're a bit older than that.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
TonyW, how old are you? You look about 15 in your avatar pic, but based on meeting up with the JC peeps in a bar, I'm guessing you're a bit older than that.
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 35. That picture is a few years old but I haven't aged THAT much.

Well I didn't have to take a red eye, thank jeebus. My flight was only a one hour hop back to the happy valley. The pain was sitting on the floor in LAS for almost five hours while the terminal seemed to become increasingly crowded. Apparently it was the Wx in LAS that was causing all the delays. I don't remember it being that bad yesterday. Hmmm.

I am on the coffee binge this morning too. Moving a little slow after this weekend.

Oh yeah, I'm the "big" 33 this month.

I used to think of the people on the show "Thirtysomething" (if anyone remembers that) and thought, "Damn! They're almost dead!" Now I'm one of them!

[ QUOTE ]
I used to think of the people on the show "Thirtysomething" (if anyone remembers that) and thought, "Damn! They're almost dead!" Now I'm one of them!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. Tell me about it. I am 6 days away from joining you thirtysomethings, and as of yet have not been able to come to grips with it.
frown.gif

Sarah

[ QUOTE ]

I know. Tell me about it. I am 6 days away from joining you thirtysomethings, and as of yet have not been able to come to grips with it.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the positive side, Sarah.

You're just that much closer to the senior discount at Denny's and finally developing a taste for liver 'n onions.

[ QUOTE ]
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, Sarah, it's not that bad. You just start pushing the age at which you get old back ten years.

Seriously, though. The "old geezers" I met out in Vegas put some of the young kids I worked with when I was waiting tables and folding clothes this summer to shame.

Back