United buys 30 175s with options for 40

I've had more Brasilia's try to kill me than any other airplane I've flown, but I don't harbor too much resentment against them.
I must lead a charmed existence. I haven't had a serious mechanical in flight (merely annoying ones, and serious ones on the ground). There's always tomorrow though...

Autothrust Blue said:
My fam flight was SLC SUN SLC. I can see how it can get out of hand.

You too, Inyokern!

And now Inyokern is a stand-up or near minimum rest overnight, to add to the fun.

I had a lot of wtf moments in the bro.
I also had a lot of "wtf dude?" moments in the bro as well.

And now Inyokern is a stand-up or near minimum rest overnight, to add to the fun.
Phone calls have been made and e-mails sent. They're almost all CDOs this month. The other option is a 30 hour overnight apparently.

If you're going to be stuck for 30 hours, where we stay in Ridgecrest is not a bad place to doze for dollars...

You'll have many more WTF?!? to come on the 175.
EMB 180? :D

I had a lot of wtf moments in the bro.
I also had a lot of "wtf dude?" moments in the bro as well.
The sound of the master caution chime is usually followed by a burst of annoyance.

I'd categorize the 'dude' moments as "Really, dude?" not "WTF, dude?"

I'm on the most wtf moment inducing airplane of them all. The airbus.

"What's it doing now?"
The FMS gives me a few "What's it doing now?" moments on the Bro. It's usually followed by a few button presses and a reversion out of NAV. "You mean...I actually have to work?"

I learned more in the short time I flew the bro than I did my entire time as an fo.

The sound of the master caution chime is usually followed by a burst of annoyance.

I'd categorize the 'dude' moments as "Really, dude?" not "WTF, dude?"

The FMS gives me a few "What's it doing now?" moments on the Bro. It's usually followed by a few button presses and a reversion out of NAV. "You mean...I actually have to work?"

It couldn't ever figure out the right way to enter a hold.

Someone should make a shrit that says "bros before hoes" or something along those lines with a picture of a bro on it.

I learned more in the short time I flew the bro than I did my entire time as an fo.

Someone should make a shrit that says "bros before hoes" or something along those lines with a picture of a bro on it.

I'd buy one!

Yup, you have to steer it around on the heading bug a lot. Made for interesting IOE, especially coming from a jet.

I was in the same boat (went from a FMS jet to Brasilia), but at least the CAs and IOE guys were equally unsure about its ability to enter a hold!
Heh, yep, when we held outside Crescent City, both of us were all "let's see if this piece of %#!@!%^&*^ will actually do it--NOPE"

you guys aren't doing it right. I've never had it NOT hold properly.....you just have to talk to it nice and build up its self esteem first....

I've never had it muck up a hold. Like launchpad said, you just gotta smooth talk it and give it a good rub down, and it'll do what ya want.

Back